Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Age'rs in Kerry & Cork

Options
  • 16-04-2003 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Where do all the new age / artistic / hippy types live and hang out in Kerry & Cork?

Out on Beara?

Just wondered....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think they're all protesting in that forest in Wicklow....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's a big new age settlement down near Drimolegue (& I know I've spelled the name of the place wrong). They've been there for years.

If you want to know where they go drinking I can't be of any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

hey leave the new agers alone they have some wicked raves over the summer........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭MazyMo

whereabouts are the raves held?

these things happen by word of mouth and are rarely on the same time/place as the year before....the only thing to do is keep every sat nite over the summer free and make sure you get friendly with some hardcore crusty's cuz you never know when they are gonna hold em......I usually travel with mates who know where to go and dont know myself......

• Advertisement

What type of places are they held in now?

A field, aircraft hangar, cave, beach, old factory, somebodies back garden.............

all of the above except the aircraft hanger and the old factory but im sure they'll acquire one soon enough :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭super_canard

Now... I found some french cheese.. so I ain't lacking of cheese anymore...
    But Raves yeah!!! anytime...
    I wanted to organise a rave... but if there is already something happening... even if only once a year.. :-D

Question: do the police comes join the party too usually? LOL (in france I got close several times! LOL)

Do any of the new-age type of people who live around Drimoleague, also live in the the area of Kerry near Tralee, Killarney, Castleisland, Killorglin, or on Dingle Penninsula?

I don't think they do as far as I know - I just wondered.

Originally posted by super_canard
    Now... I found some french cheese.. so I ain't lacking of cheese anymore...
    But Raves yeah!!! anytime...
    I wanted to organise a rave... but if there is already something happening... even if only once a year.. :-D

Question: do the police comes join the party too usually? LOL (in france I got close several times! LOL)

it depends usually the raves are on private property so the guard's aren't allowed on to the property to upset the rave....but there are one or two places where its on public property and the guards don't do much as the hippies promise to clean up afterwards......at least thats what i was told when i asked why they didn't stop the raves.....and its more than once a year more like a 5 or 6 times over the summer but when and where they're on is something i cant help you with......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement