Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about eircoms download limit

Options
  • 17-04-2003 12:56am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I understand that eircom only allows 3GB download before it starts to slap on extra charges, and that in 54K speed terms, 3Gig is alot, but when running at 512K, dont you think that your 3G would be used up quite quickly, say if you were to download albums, videos etc.??

i think that 3gig isnt very much, but maybe Im wrong, anyone else with an opinion on this?

Flogen

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yes 3 gig is a sweet fupp all, this has been talked about for months mainly in the ireland offline board.

I myself go through about 6 gig per day down and maybe 1 gig up. And thats a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Although there don't seem to be any reports of people being charged for going over their limits, you can be pretty sure that with the upturn in orders for DSL that Eircom will soon begin to start charging people....................3GB is nothing nowadays, it's all another part of the con......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

eircom allows 4GB download before it starts to slap on extra charges. well ok its 4gb on radsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

have you ever been charged when you go over the 'cap' chief-- ??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mralanduggan

well i am downloading movies right now...and this is kink of worring me... have they ever charged anyone for going over the limit? i dont want to be paying anymore than i alreadym. im pretty sure ive gone over 3g in prior months.... are they just not monitoring the amount you download or has anyone been charged for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement