Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

via i love them ---- what i found out

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lmck

Hi all

in response to questions/comments:

If you already have a domain name registered you can transfer to Netsource and pay €55 (ex vat) per month (inc. domain and access)

Interleaving was turned off last Friday.

on the €45 per month issue, you will note on our site that the SOHO/SME and Premier service(s) have minimum requirements - this min. requirement is a domain name

ISDN lines can be tested however if your line passes you will have to sign a CAF (customer authorisation form) which states that you give us permission to downgrade your line to POTS and upgrade to DSL - this will all take place when our installer is onsite. If the DSL line does not work we will re-instate your original service. - As you can appreciate this is the process we have been given from Eircom.

Nationwide access - basically anywhere Eircom have a DSL enabled exchange we can provide RADSL.

If you fail a line test with Netsource you will also fail with Eircom..we check lines with the exact same system.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards
    Louise McKeown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by lmck
    on the €45 per month issue, you will note on our site that the SOHO/SME and Premier service(s) have minimum requirements - this min. requirement is a domain name
    Presumably you can supply your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Just to confirm this, is interleaving turned off on all packages? I sent away my forms for the SoHo package on Monday, does that mean when I get connected up in two weeks or so interleaving will be turned off from the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Yea, I just mailed them about that. As I'm interested in the PREMIER package, currently using the eircom equivelant with interleaving switched on which I'm not happy with heh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Is that a yea to is it turned off on all packages or a yea as in I agree with your question type yea? I'm not trying to be pendantic or anything but this is something I really want to be totally cleared up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Perhaps you have more Knowlege of Eircoms mythical rollout plan ?.If so feel free to spill the beans as no one else seems to know :(.

It appears to me that the rate they are moving there is only one bloke capable of upgrading exchanges in the whole of Ireland and he seems to be a little lethargic.Its a shame you have to base your bussines plan on the whims of such a useless company like Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

eircon move slower that captian kirk reading his lines on star trek:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

ok, my line passed today, woohooo. I want to go with the netsource dsl package, can I get netsource dsl while still getting normal phone bills by eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

andor do u know me
    might know me as darkireland ? just wondering

and ya you could seeming via doesnt do phone just dsl so u get one bill for phone/line rental one of adsl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Hi louise,

I have actually moved to Limerick City in order to obtain some sort of broadband connection, I knew Esat had exchanges in dooradoyle and Roches Street which presumably is the City Centres exchange. Browsing the eircom.ie site tonight I noticed they have exchanges in 1. Castletroy 2. Limerick City (shared with Esat for Roches Street???) and 3. dooradoyle also!
    Sorry to be so Limerick-specific here but I think a lot of clarity is needed with these exchanges. I do not think its well known that Eircom has exchanges in Limerick, well active exchanges at least. So my question basically is are they Eircoms or Esats or a joint venture? My line has passed all the tests for the 'Limerick city' exchange and I will be availing of your service over these two companies due to cost, interleaving off and the short installation period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement