Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien O.... Witnness

Options
  • 17-04-2003 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Damien Rice has just been confirmed to play second headliner to Coldplay at

Witnness 2003
    Punchestown Racecourse on
    Saturday July 12th

Along with his upcoming US tour, Damien will be playing at the following summer festivals
    T in the Park , Scotland - 13th June
    Glastonbury, UK - 27, 28, 29th June
    Accelerator, Sweden - 1st, 2nd, 3rd July
    V2003, UK - 16, 17th August

Damien's debut album 'o' will be officially released in the US, on Tuesday 3rd June 2003
    For further information please contact me at the above address

www.damienrice.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jodie

witnness has just become a must for me..!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Erm... as much as i like Damien Rice.... Second headliner on the main stage?? WTF???
    The music isnt BIG enough for this surely?? He'd be better off in one of the small stages...
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

either way, its a nice addition. the witnness line up might just becoming worth all the money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by lamda
    Erm... as much as i like Damien Rice.... Second headliner on the main stage?? WTF???
    The music isnt BIG enough for this surely?? He'd be better off in one of the small stages...
    :confused:

that is exactly what my brain my was telling me to type. i think damo whould be more....... suited to a tent or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RobMcHale

no way his music is easily atmospheric enough for the main stage. And also its nice to see someone who did it by himself and who is that talented get the recognition he deserves by playing the main stage so fair play to him. Damien is a brilliant show man. If you were at dublin castle and listened to songs like face and the rest of the set it is clear that he can hold any stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Well i'm a fan of damien, but his confirmation on the wittness is my confirmation of me not going, not that I would ever pay to see mopy coldplay plod along on the main stage anyway, svan were giving me a ray of hope.

I'm sure Damien can pull it off and I wish him the best of luck but my view of a festival is going out, getting drunk to an acceptable level and jumping up and down been blown away by some high octane engertic bands. Sometimes after going to Damien gigs I have become very moved emotional and he gets you under the skin, but hell that would wreck my weekend, cause i would be sitting in me tent thinking of life. No thank you I wanna drink it away.

now that sounds like fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

incase ye didnt know damien is sellin out america..
    he's well deserved that and he is popular enough in Ireland..
    Mad tbh cant wait

Advertisement