Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD should have it's own board!

Options
  • 17-04-2003 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

I think UCD should have it's own board, I mean it's the biggest university in the state. Tipp Inst and Carlow IT hjave their own board, so why not UCD, Trinity and any other big universities.

LET THE UCD BOARD COME INTO EXISTANCE!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I take the lack of replies and the fact the whole college boards section has been quiet for a while that this won't happen soon?

I was just thinking as i read you post about UCD being the biggest university...

You know the way DIT are the biggest
    third level college in the country? i wonder what other records DIT holds on size?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I'll second the UCD boards motion type thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

It ain't gonna happen. I don't even know of that many people from UCD post here. Anyway, shouldn't the Netsoc set up some SIN type thing. Then you'd all be happy.

i'm not in netsoc and whats this SIN yoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

• Advertisement

thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Originally posted by Syth
    I think UCD should have it's own board,

NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

I think a UCD , Trinity, IT or whatever college board is a good idea,

Better if you cud get the colleges involved some how,

post up news, opinions in college changes and stuff.

Maybe the college adin cud get a little feed back, on its students opinions of certain issue.

people wud voice their opinions more on boards than bring their complaint straight to College authorites.
    im rambling now
    Buh bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

if there is the demand for it go and ask. Carlow it has its own now but we have a lot of people involved. there is about 40 - 50 regular posters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

same goes for tipp inst. they started a private room then got a section cause so many were using boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Its a simple question of demand...

This isnt the place to ask anyway- Admin/ Support forum is the best place- but I think personally, unless theres a core group of users all from the same college like in the above examples, then UCD or would any other college doesnt merit their own board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 danbert

UCD is way too boring to get its own board!!
    No way should let that kind of thing get o foot hold in on this site next thing you know they'll want a watching paint dry board!!!
    And just so no one starts sending me abusive msgs I'm a UCD student so I know. So F*ck off!!!! You don't need a board cause theres nothing to discuss!

/sarcasm yeah sure what would the biggest college in the country have to discuss eh? When Carlow IT, which is such a brilliant outstanding example of the irish education system, which has so much going on in it in a county that everyone in ireland remembers exists, yeah sure what would UCD need its own board for? /end sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

:o Here here! Dataisgod is right, we need a UCD board. Since i registered on Boards.ie ive been on pretty frequently and wanna know if there are much UCD people like myself on the Boards.

Originally posted by [Iramus]
    Since I registered on Boards.ie ive been on pretty frequently and wanna know if there are much UCD people like myself on the Boards.

May I suggest you simply start a new thread on the College Play board under the title...Who here is from UCD?.

That would save the admins the bother of creating a new board and answer your question :)

indeed it would but after he has found out the who's who of boards members that are in U.C.D maybe he would like to discuss certain issues pertaining to U.C.D and for that a U.C.D board would be most useful would you not agree 80project?

When the situation arises where we find ourselves asking each other...What will we do with all these threads about UCD??", then there might be a case. Until then, Iramus should do as I suggested :)

UCD - 48 ("UCD*")
    ITC - 735 ("ITC*" OR "Carlow IT")
    Tipp Institute - 322 ("Tipp Inst" OR "Thurles IT" OR "Clonmel IT")
    DIT - 933 ("DIT*")
    TCD - 576 ("TCD*" OR "Trintity")
    DCU - 80 ("DCU*")
    NCI - 22 ("NCI*")
    ITT - 547 ("ITT*" OR "Tallaght IT" OR "IT Tallaght")
    ITB - 295 ("ITB " OR "Blanchardstown IT" OR "IT Blanchardstown")

The above is the number of threads that contain the name of each college (since the start of boards). This thread is bull****. The suggestion that UCD should have its own board is completely unfounded. The only reason they want a board is because ITC has a board and they think that UCD is better than ITC.

80 project, your in UCD too aren't you?

Statistics are like a bikini what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital. Fair enough Balooba those numbers are as they stand however if i could get a percentage of the number of threads about a certain college that where present before that college got an individual board and then the number after, we could perhaps see if there is a significant percentage increase that would justify the prescene of a board?

• Advertisement

What about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Was just wondering, there are certain colleges that are not in this list:

UCD - 48 ("UCD*")
    ITC - 735 ("ITC*" OR "Carlow IT")
    Tipp Institute - 322 ("Tipp Inst" OR "Thurles IT" OR "Clonmel IT")
    DIT - 933 ("DIT*")
    TCD - 576 ("TCD*" OR "Trintity")
    DCU - 80 ("DCU*")
    NCI - 22 ("NCI*")
    ITT - 547 ("ITT*" OR "Tallaght IT" OR "IT Tallaght")
    ITB - 295 ("ITB " OR "Blanchardstown IT" OR "IT Blanchardstown")

including DLIADT, UCC, CIT

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

well i suppose he couldn't was just trying to show the small number of threads for ucd incomparison to other colleges and picked the ones he could think of and the ones with large number of threads to show his case. Isn't dun laoghaire a private college?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by ballooba
    The above is the number of threads that contain the name of each college (since the start of boards). This thread is bull****. The suggestion that UCD should have its own board is completely unfounded. The only reason they want a board is because ITC has a board and they think that UCD is better than ITC.

80 project, your in UCD too aren't you?

The two mods of this board are/were in UCD, so there can be no cries of UCD-hating or bias against :)

The list has been started, so if you're in UCD, add your name to it :)

I think I was one of the first people to suggest the ITC forums because i got pissed off with the ITC posts clogging up the college play forum.

The colleges i searched were just the ones i could think of at the time. UCC, CIT and DLIADT aren't that active here are they?

Originally posted by seamus
    The two mods of this board are/were in UCD, so there can be no cries of UCD-hating or bias against :)

Exactly- its all a question of managability and need from the perspective of boards.ie *not* UCD.

And yes Balooba I'm in UCD :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If ye want a UCD board, just go to the Feedback board and request a private forum. Get 5 supporters and bobs yer uncle. I'd support it, being in UCD.

5 supporters eh kaids? wheres my star trek board then i've got loads of supporters, i'm up for a u.c.d one also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

conclusion - ucd students have proven themselves to be spoilt little children who don't want inferior colleges to have something that they don't :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by loismustdie
    conclusion - ucd students have proven themselves to be spoilt little children who don't want inferior colleges to have something that they don't :mad:

Heh, no it's just one of those things that you find on message boards:
    addtoast.jpg
    Everyone tends to want a forum for something, without considerign whether they'll actually use it. A bit like all those people who bought SodaStreams or Dustbusters. I WANT ONE! And then they don't use it

:)

Advertisement