Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD should have it's own board

Options
  • 17-04-2003 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

I think UCD should have it's own board since it's such a large 3rd level institution. So how about it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Syth
    I think UCD should have it's own board since it's such a large 3rd level institution. So how about it?

What about Trinity? and UCC? TBH this opens a Big ol' can o' worms. I have no idea why Carlow IT has one though :).

and thanks to whoever reminded me of the phrase "can o' worms".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by CuLT
    What about Trinity? and UCC? TBH this opens a Big ol' can o' worms. I have no idea why Carlow IT has one though :).

and thanks to whoever reminded me of the phrase "can o' worms".

<ot>
    Linkage of the person who reminded you :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=845677#post845677

</ot>

The current college boards seem ample, and i agree Carlow IT don't deserve one

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

What about Trinity? and UCC? TBH this opens a Big ol' can o' worms. I have no idea why Carlow IT has one though

I'm sure there's a Gathering card for this thread, and if there isn't, there should be. ;)

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

UCC/Tritity/whatever should have its own board if they want. I'm not saying they shouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

we don't need a board. there's a relatively low number of us ucd'ers on the boards, and the college boards aren't very busy anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

No real need for a UCD board. All the UCD'ers (who generally aren't very vocal about it anyway) seem to survive fine without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

UCD's netsoc has a (pretty poor) discussion board setup on their website, seems to get light usage.

There are also the intersoc.* newsgroups, which are fairly active, on reader.news.heanet.ie .... I think ... don't use them just fired up tin, you probably need to be a member of one of the college netsocs involved (UCD, UL, DCU, Trinity and more I guess ...).

Anyway, it seems to me the internet societies have something in place already, though probably not as high profile as boards, perhaps talk to them if boards needs the traffic!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They dont have one because they never asked for one.

I see no objection to any third level institute getting its own board.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Personnally i think that if your going to give a third level institute a board (other then community) they should pay, just like komplett pays. other then that, the college forums dont seem to be overflowign with ucd posts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Syth
    If DIT's netsoc can stick together their own forum I don't see why UCD couldn't (except of course thet they're all leppers*).
    They even have their own Usenet hierarchy.

* This clearly affects their ability to use a keyboard and thus create a forum...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by DeVore
    They dont have one because they never asked for one.

I see no objection to any third level institute getting its own board.

DeV.

I presume here that you mean the college bodies themselves as opposed to individual students?

Advertisement