Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xda for work email

• 17-04-2003 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Has anyone set this up yet? Im loking for advice on the best option for accessing my work email through my xda.

Options available to me:
    1. Small Business Server 2000 with a dsl connection. I can terminal server in and access the network from there. But not sure if this will work on xda.

2. setup server for webmail and access most things from there. dont really want to set this up if there is an easier, more secure way. plus not every user needs this on the network.

any other ideas? i dont wnat to forward mails from outlook to myname@o2.ie i basically want to be able to dial in and see my outlook just like if using laptop and modem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Pocket pc 2002 machine with bluetooth (compaq or toshiba), with a decent phone with bluetooth (6310i t68i etc etc), then just setup exchange webmail on your SBS, and also enable VPN because pocket pc can do PPTP vpn stuff, it works fine, just make sure you put a firewall on that DSL connection though or else your SBS machine is going to take some abuse, and get all the IIS patches, and exchnage patches. There are also some otehr webmail plugins for exchnage available even some ones for wap, Check out http://www.linkedwith.com/ they even do a free five user version which is snazzy.

Advertisement