Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish squad for Norway game.

• 17-04-2003 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Maybe this has already been mentiones but here it is.

Goalkeepers: Nick Colgan, Shay Given, Dean Kiely Defenders: Stephen Carr, Ian Harte, John O'Shea, Andy O'Brien, Gary Breen, Gary Kelly, Kenny Cunningham, Steve Finnan. Midfielders: Lee Carsley, Colin Healy, Matt Holland, Mark Kinsella, Alan Quinn, Kevin Kilbane, Stephen McPhail. Forwards: Damien Duff, Glen Crowe, David Connolly, Gary Doherty, Alan Lee, Robbie Keane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Now you didnt all think I was going to leave out the blurb, did you?

:D

Crowe in Ireland Squad

Glen Crowe has been included in Brian Kerr's 24 man squad for the friendly match with Norway on April 30th. The Bohemians striker made his debut for Ireland in November against Greece and he is included again having recovered from a knee injury suffered in early January.

Gary Kelly, Ian Harte and Steve Finnan return to the squad after injury but Steven Reid, Jason McAteer and Clinton Morrison are still on the treatment table. Kerr has admitted that there is still a slight doubt about the availability of Gary Doherty, but that he has enough cover up front should the Tottenham man withdraw from the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Jason Byrne should be in ahead of Crowe at the mo. He's banging in the goals in his last few Shels games.

Partridge still injured I think.

There has only been one league round of fixtures. Byrne scored twice, nearly missing one, against an appalling Waterford side, while Crowe scored one against a UCD defence that had more clean sheets than anyone else last season.

When Byrne is league's top scorer 3 seasons in a row, and scores consistently for a top side, then he might be worth a look.

Anyway, should you ont be raving about the inclusion of Alal lee, and how he is guaranteed to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Can't complain with the squad really ..... apart from I'd loved to have seen Sean Thorton in there. I think Kerr should use this match to try out a few people in various positions. I'd also like to see Crowe and Lee get at least a half each.

• Advertisement

As is usually the case with friendlies, I would doubt that this will be the final squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Great to see Crowe back in the squad. Hopefully he'll get a good run and keep his place. Might be a positioin available if Gary Doherty opts for centre half position this summer.

Advertisement