Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redneck rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

What I enjoy is winning arguments (for which I have a good record) so please, be my guest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hells_Fury

Originally posted by Éomer of Rohan
    What I enjoy is winning arguments (for which I have a good record) so please, be my guest :D

How FUNNY !!! I didn't realize you WON that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Does it escape the notice of some that no one wins or loses on boards.ie since no one is willing to change their opinion?
    And as for my record, I'd say winning the NI Schools Debating Championships two years running and winning Best Delegate at the all-Ireland Model UN held at Methodist College Belfast stands me in good stead. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hells_Fury

Yes I do say it's rather hard for a gal to lift her shirt and flash a guy during an arguement . Extremely funny to watch their minds go blank and their mouth start gaping :D As for your debating career ( applause, applause ) very good indeed . Now you have to try it while getting flashed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Does it escape the notice of some that no one wins or loses on boards.ie since no one is willing to change their opinion?

I would have said that no-one wins or loses on boards.ie because its not a competition.

And as for my record, I'd say winning the NI Schools Debating Championships two years running and winning Best Delegate at the all-Ireland Model UN held at Methodist College Belfast stands me in good stead. :p

Thats nice, but see above comment.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Just to nitpick, but:

"I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics."

So, 70% of population is black, and comprise 70% of arrests. Isn't that an average amount, and in no way statistically odd? Wouldn't that also mean that the black population is no more likely to be arrested than any other segment of the population?

Well, you do have to expect bad maths from Rednecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Hells_Fury
    Yes I do say it's rather hard for a gal to lift her shirt and flash a guy during an arguement . Extremely funny to watch their minds go blank and their mouth start gaping :D As for your debating career ( applause, applause ) very good indeed . Now you have to try it while getting flashed ;)

Well you could of course post a picture :) I'd bend the rules on dodgy material just to see that (hahahah called your bluff...)

Gandalf.

(Maybe I won't bend the rules the thought of the crowd that hang around on this board articulating their lustful feelings at your piccie is too dreadful to contemplate LOL :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

jaden what planet did you come in off? Thats was exactly the point! Its normal to expect such figures given the statistics. It therefore is nor a form of racism to say that there are more black people in the prisons of that city.

As for friends, scraping the barrel when you have to reference that pos? Also in a more general context, Joey was generally a fans favourite whereas Chandler was seen as less cool and less attractive by women. I hardly think it cast italian americans in that bad a light.

As for easy to kill with guns, you're right. however its also pretty easy to kill someone with a big cleaver.

And Victor, you amazingly and somehow incredulously managed to miss the point about having to speak english when selling something in an english speaking country. If selling something in france, you'd be expected to speak french, in rural china you'd be expected to speak mandarin/cantonese etc. I see NOTHING wrong with that.

quote:
    "I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And Please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me french fries!

So you are now defining other people's political beliefs for them and condemning youngsters for having their own opinions. What next a crack down on mini-skirts?

Sorry but what are you saying in the above argument? I genuinely don't understand it. He in no way prohibited young people from doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It therefore is nor a form of racism to say that there are more black people in the prisons of that city.
    Yes, but sadly those statistics are purely hypothetical :(
    As for easy to kill with guns, you're right. however its also pretty easy to kill someone with a big cleaver.
    Actually, neither is true. Well, unless the other person is willing to be killed and you don't mind making a messy job of it. Killing's not necessarily a technically difficult thing - humans are rather fragile - but you can shoot people quite a lot and have them survive, and likewise they can take a surprising amount of damage from knives before suffering a fatal wound.
    So you are now defining other people's political beliefs for them and condemning youngsters for having their own opinions. What next a crack down on mini-skirts?
    Being complicated for a second, if someone has an infected lip-ring, I don't want them anywhere near food for serving or preperation - that's basic hygiene...
    Sorry but what are you saying in the above argument? I genuinely don't understand it. He in no way prohibited young people from doing anything.
    He was saying (correct me if I'm wrong victor) that a piercing is not by definition a political statement (the oft-quoted reason for tongue studs, for example, doesn't really have too many political connotations). The original post implied that (1) if you have a piercing or a tattoo, it's a political statement, and (2) since you're younger than me your political statements don't matter so you shouldn't display them in public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

This statement brought to mind a very tasteless joke I once saw about arguing on the internet, but on second thought I decided not to post it...

I see you edited your post, most likely because it was indeed tasteless. Why am I not surprised?

I see you edited your post, most likely because it was indeed tasteless. Why am I not surprised?

I suppose you aren't surprised because I have an idea about what is appropriate and what is not, so you expect me to post responsibly, and I did. ;)

Its too bad though, as it really fits in your case... :D

Oh do PM me this and I shall gladly post my reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by BattleBoar
    This statement brought to mind a very tasteless joke I once saw about arguing on the internet, but on second thought I decided not to post it...
    Winning an argument on the internet is like winning gold in the special olympics.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Hell Yeah!!!

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Winning an argument on the internet is like winning gold in the special olympics.....

That would be the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Lads....back on topic.....

jc

Advertisement