Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigsmart Record Line-up?

• 17-04-2003 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I'm hearing this and that about who's on the record and who will not be (especially people bitchin that they are'nt)

Just for the record (genius pun), who is on the album?

(I know I can go to www.gigsmartireland.com but I dont have time)

Can you let a few Phantoms know

Go-on. Giz a snazzy list with links to all the bands etc. etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hi there ,
    Here is the agreed upon listing for the upcoming compilation /album(please see below). As you correctly asserted there has been a lot of bitchin and aggrevation caused by some of the ommissions and inclusions , however we stated clearly how this thing was going to be put together on our website months ago and stated definitively that as a collective organisation that was run not for profit we expected all involved to pull their weight....unfortunately some didnt and we have excluded them ........and justifiably, we will not act as a charity or be fecked around by "rock stars" so we have taken the decision to include only the quality recordings from bands who have over the past couple of years actually contributed something to gigsmart, we have included some new comers aswell though in fairness. Beautiful losers would be one such example it remains to be seen what contribution they will make to Gigsmart but I expect it will be a positive one

Overall the quality is very very high , we still have some bands outside of Dublin to go on there aswell and are taking a little extra time to work with bands from Cork Galway and some bands in the south east

The disc will be released in June , we are undecided if it will go through Coercion records or someother label but that will confirmed soon enough.........there will be a preview play in Dorans on the 25th

Bands are listed in Alphabetical order.

1. Ginseng ::::: Falling Down
    2. Me in the Park ::::: Cheesecake
    3. Mike got Spiked ::::: 5 Second Heaven
    4. Obsolete ::::: Add to the History
    5. Otranome ::::: Another dies young
    6. Oz ::::: Sophia
    7. Pinion ::::: 40%
    8. Polar ::::: South
    9. Splinters ::::: After all.
    10. Sundogs ::::: U want it
    11. The Al Capone Suite ::::: Court Jesters