Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56k?

Options
  • 17-04-2003 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Is it worth me buying BF1942 if I have 56k?
    Playable or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes its worth it.
    56k is a set back but you still have Single Player which can be great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

definatly. :)

as Winters said...you still got the SP but it's defo playable on a 56K.

Just find some small sized servers n jump right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I find nps playing multiplayer on a 56k, except the lag probs that i had a few weeks back but have now been solved, why everyone is hung up on pings as the saviour of themselves on games ill never know, but hey if your good your good lol

;0

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I find the opposite.

I have a good modem, pings of sub 100ms pings to servers in my isp's network (dos ping) half life pings of 140-160 and whenever I play BF1942 online the ping goes crazy.

Ill get a few minutes of decent play followed by lagtastic action for a few minutes and back again. And If there are more then 6 people on the server I can forget about getting any kind of decent game.

That said, if your pc is up to it the SP missions are fun, but if you get a lan going regularily with mates its absolutely great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

thanks lads
    gonna dive in and grab me tommy gun then.
    even if ping is a bit higher i need to find out wot u all been on about these last few months.
    May cure my DOD addiction:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by juno75
    May cure my DOD addiction:D

It will do .... look at me. I havent played in months and probably wont play till v1.0 comes out. Its just gets boring and the DoD community just isint what it used to be ... damn CS hoe's

Snaga, make sure you have it set to 56k or whatever in game .. and use ASE for server and dont go to a server too far away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Just go to more LAN parties. No 56k problems there. I went to one the other day and it rocked.

Originally posted by Zukustious
    Just go to more LAN parties. No 56k problems there. I went to one the other day and it rocked.

There is one on Sunday if you wish to come ... thats is if your not oging to MegaLan!!! add your name to the thread/list if you wanna come ... its around here somewhere :)

Advertisement