Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interleaving off with via

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Effective when though? I haven't gotten my broadband connection yet so does that mean when the engineer comes around to install it he'll be able to turn it off for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

VIA uses eircom exchanges so how come VIA can turn interleaving off and eircom cant or maybe wont turn them off

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

she said it was turned off last friday so dont know if thats in all exchanges in what, hard to say, wouldnt they have to indivudially turn each one off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

This all sounds a little iffy to me. When I rang them up last week I was firmly told that interleaving was not and would not be turned off because Eircom control it and now suddenly out of the blue we're being told by one member of Via that it's turned off totally on all new installs. It's hard to believe it fully as much as I'd like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

Originally posted by crazyasafox
    IF this is true of via(now know as Netsource) it is truly a great step in the right direction.The sales marketing manager Louise from Netsouce was doing posting today on IOFFL and stated so

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91803&pagenumber=2

Turning interleaving off is not such a great step! Giving us the option to have it on or off would be a great step, No interleaving is great for those of us who play games or use latency sensitive technologies, but if you use the internet just to surf the web send mails and chat on ICQ or whatever then having Interleaving on could be a good thing.
    I think Eircon/Esat/Netsource should give us the option like operators in other countries, then every one is happy!
    On the other hand, better DOD pings has to be a good thing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement