Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piranha fish

Options
  • 18-04-2003 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

I recently bought 4 red belly piranha fish, anybody else have these? and what are you feeding them, because you can't give them goldfish and blood worms the whole time, even though it is quiet entertaining to watch there must be something else what you can give them, Anybody :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Try here
    Also this forum

Hope this helps.... try a Google for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

My Brother has Some red bellies and he feeds them normal fish food but when they get bigger you will have to feed them Prawn and small fish (for Fun)

I have tropical Tank and i some times give them Prawns they love it also for Piranha give them garden worms but be careful if you raise them with fairy liquid to clean them first so you dont up set the tank.

By the way how big is you tank because when they get bigger they are going to **** alot and it will cause the nitrates in the tank to rise and poision them so you will have to clean it every 2 weeks.

And remember do not put any other fish in with them as they will last about 2 minutes.

I shall be setting up a Tropical Fish forum / site Soon for Irish fish keepers I will let you know when I have it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ambulldog

dude where did u get them from trying to get some myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ambulldog

if ya can tell me email me @ mac-liam@hotmail.com because im new to this havnt a clue how to use it lol,
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Bought mine i my local pet shop you will need to get them ordered up as they normally haven't got them in stock.
    I only have one left the big one ate the others a couple of months back now.
    I feed him anything from steak to prawns to worms they love hearts, and live fish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement