Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Laptop without floppy drive

• 18-04-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I have a HP ZT 1120 which has no legacy devices and didn't come with a floppy drive. I want to upgrade the BIOS but it says in the downloaded file that I need a floppy drive.
    Any ideas on how to get around this. The exe wants to write the files to the A drive. I didn't want to go and buy a floppy drive for this machine just to upgrade the BIOS
    Thanks, iwb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Does it have a cdrom drive?

Do you have, or have access to a cd burner?

If so, then you could create a bootable cd with all the required files on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I was going that route. So far, I did the floppy thing from another machine so I now have the floppy which I can copy files from. I can burn a disc in another machine also. My laptop doesn't have a burner built in. Is it as simple as copying the files from the floppy onto a CD and booting from the CD?
    I was afraid that during the update, something would have to be written to the floppy and when the CD wouldn't allow it, the update would fail and I would be left with a useless laptop.
    I guess another option would be to borrow a floppy drive from someone. Anyone want to do me a favour?

Advertisement