Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K-pax

Options
  • 18-04-2003 6:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭

after readin K-PAX and K-PAX 2 on a beam of light(im now stating on no.3) I was wondering are these real stories?

they seem to give that impression as they are extremly personal on the part of the writer(gene brewer)who is described in section outside of the main text as a psyciatrist(most likely this is spelt wrong)who has suc and such credentialls and was referred prot from a friend i think.

he also rfers to the docter(shrink) in the story as I and prot calls him gene or something along the lines of that(gino)

if it is a "true story"it would surely make it even more of a intreging readand would make the question:Alien or psyciatric patient harder to answer as some of the things prot does are simply unbelieveable.

i say true story in "inverted comma's" because im not sure if thats the right term it may have been based on a patient who believed such things about himself or something along those lines...i don't know

apart from all that it's a great book though i do find i was mislead by the film(which i saw fiirst) which left it up to you're own interpetation really if he was a alien or a psciatric patient while the books(which i have read) especially on a beam of light most certainly suggest he is the latter although that he is a much gifted(savant) patient

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I read the book, never saw the film. Its ok if a little too nice and touchy feely. I wouldn't read the sequels to be honest. Sounds like a way to cash in on the thing to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the sequels are about seperate incidents which "actually happened" as prot made a re-appearance

i say actually happened in "inverted commas" again cos i was trying tp find out if they were true stories cos thats what they are written like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there are books?! sweet!

i just saw the film this weekend and it was bloody amazing

Advertisement