Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrying laptops?

• 18-04-2003 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

i wanted to get a bag/back pack to bring my lappie into college but was wondering should i go for a shoulder type or backpack type (i want one that i can bring my college stuff in as well) which will keep it more secure and where is the best place to buy one?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

depends on the type you can get some reely good ones of both you would want to be spending about 100 tho to make it worth while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got a laptop base thing once.. the laptop sits on it and it looks cool. It came with a free carry case though.. its bassically a sponge type cover.. not a case.. but its designed so you put your laptop in a normal carry bag or rucksack.. is very secure. I also have a Taguras one (shoulder). Very handy.. for extra security i put it in the little sponge one first then add to carry case..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i got a jansport lapstation cost e130 but is worth every cent, has lots of compartments and plenty of space, its one of the best laptop backpacks avail, i would highy reccomens it,

the other good thing about it is the laptop compartment is hidden, so you prob wouldnt know to it is a laptop bag,

also the saddlebag ones are much more likely to be stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'd recommend getting one that looks as unlike a laptop case as possible, the sort you get with dell laptops for example, may as well have "steal me!" painted on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks for the advice...i got a case logic computer shuttle case which is a small bag that can go within a normal bag (like yours saruman im sure) and it seems really durable. i might get a proper laptop backpack to put it in as well just to make sure...i found some nice ones in a shop but the guy said they only fit up to 14" monitors and mines 15.1" :(

thanks again much appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Just in case any1 else is looking,.......

most laptop specific bags *look* like laptop bags and thieves will grab em sooner than look at u, its instant profit, like walking round with a €1000 note sellotaped to ur ass!

Most clued in ppl, do what *I* do, go to some cheap bagshop (there is a GREAT one in the Mill Shopping center in clondalkin village) that sell padded bags for €20 an ull not only save a fortune but it will look like ur not some stoopid fool who thinks a laptop bag is the best way of stopping damage/theft. :):D

B

Advertisement