Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT (IOL) availability

Options
  • 18-04-2003 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a pop up ad a few mins ago from www.online.ie email... Anyway it was for IOL broadband provided by Esat... I know a link was posted a week or more about it. It was not available in my area (Dublin 20) according to the form. I typed in my phone number and it said "sorry no" However this time it said "fine its avaiable in your area, and fill in these other details and we can do further checks!"

So... Have they opened up more exchanges? I pass the Eircon line test fine. So i wonder is this a mistake on their site or can i actually get their product? hmm... ill let you know!:D

Feel free to move to broadband if its a better place for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

You passed for the RADSL, which Esat are reselling and not using LLU for afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yeah, tried the ESAT DSL number check thing a while back, any random number I put in wasn't available. Now any random number IS available (except one obviously wrong number). Maybe it's broken? Or are ppl being told not available?

Was told I'd need a line test too.

If I passed €ir***'s last month, will I pass Esat's, or is that different?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Their webby test often seems to be unreliabale, mine came up as failed even though I've had a dsl line before, might be because I'm on a private numbver though so they mighn't be able to cherck it off a area db.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

My number passed online and apparently availability is from mid-may.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Kevok
    You passed for the RADSL, which Esat are reselling and not using LLU for afaik.

LLU??? Whats that then? Probably something i know but dont get the acronym. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Originally posted by Hannibal_12
    My number passed online and apparently availability is from mid-may.

Just to clarify... IOL/Esat's RADSL "test" only checks your number against a list of exchanges, and tells you if your *exchange* has been enabled by Eircom..
    It does not tell you whether your specific line passes or not, you have to phone up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Saruman
    LLU??? Whats that then? Probably something i know but dont get the acronym. :D

Local Loop Unbundling , do a web search :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

I got a mail from eircom saying my exchage was enabled.
    santry/finglas/ballymun.
    Previously esat bt said it was not enabled so i went to there page to test my number and they now say it is enabled also... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by carbsy
    Local Loop Unbundling , do a web search :P
    Nice one carbsy... do a web search.. have a go!!

Google LLU
    please

that was the first thing i did by the way. First thing on the list is Loma Linda University :D

Anyway from the Via (netsouce) thread, im probably going to go with them.. much better deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I guess Isdn testing is still f*cked, cause I have 2 lines coming into my house, both lines connected to the same exchange, 1 of the lines (pots) is passing the eircom dsl test, the other (isdn) is still failing the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Originally posted by David C
    Just to clarify... IOL/Esat's RADSL "test" only checks your number against a list of exchanges, and tells you if your *exchange* has been enabled by Eircom..
    It does not tell you whether your specific line passes or not, you have to phone up for that.

Yeh I guessed that but since I have already been in contact with €ircon and passed their real line test I should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'm still failing the ESAT online test (Dublin 20, Palmerstown exchange).

I filled in their expression of interest form, but haven't even got an acknowledement.

Too late anyway 'cos I've signed up with Eircom for the next 12 months.

Advertisement