Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why not, A POLL OF THE WEEK?..

Options
  • 19-04-2003 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

I know I have been out of touch for a while and will again from early next week.

So I thought that I had better get my suggestions in fast while I can.

Moderators, please be patient while I try and explain my "POLL OF THE WEEK" suggestion.

A poll of the week concentrating on all opinions relating too the ISP situation in the Republic would I believe attract more media attention and subsequent coverage of the results in the Press/Radio & yes even TV?.

A good example of the type of polls I would like too see are effectively used by the Award winning site - Irishhealth.com - Why not have a look at their wonderful site - off topic I know but not for long.

A simple:- Who do you think is currently providing the best ISP service/deal poll? would be of interest, or Who do you think is responsible for the current unfair costly internet charges ?, maybe this type of poll designed for publication of the results every would help too "Keep the kettle boiling" and in the wider public eye while being educational and informative and truthful.

Just a suggestion. Anyone who agrees might post different weekly poll question suggestions?.

All the best to all.

Paddy20:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Anybody who has been here longer then five minutes has their own opinion about who is a good/bad isp, so why would they care. If 100 eircom emploees flooded the poll with eircom is the leet, it still wouldn't make me believe it. Polls are a boring load of ****e, and they where baneed from here for a reason, because basically i don't give a **** what 9 out of 10 ioffl users think its the 1/10 that keep their mouth shut that really know what their talking about because they don't need to shout about it in a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

As great as this forum is there simply isn't enough users to have any type of proper and conclusive poll and anyways most people here seem to wear their opinions of the different isps on their shoulder so theres no need to have a poll for questions that we already know the answer to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Sloth,

I can see where you are coming from, but the publicity resulting from good socially and economically important polls play a vital role in informing the *General Public of the truth in all democracies.

IOFFL members are not the target audience but represent the means through which we can inform the innocents who are still being ripped-off unfairly.

Paddy20;)

Advertisement