Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spyware

• 19-04-2003 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I had a plugin added to my IE5.5 browser and Explorer and I do not know how or where it came from, it's very annoying. I would really like to get my hands on this guy!

I have tried to get rid of it with no luck. It seen to start again
    each time I reboot. Tried start menu and even did a reg clean
    and no luck.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are a few spyware killers available. Have a look at PestPatrol and Ad-aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by daveirl
    Ad-Aware 6 is the business, I ran it on a PC last week that was infested with Spyware and it cleaned the whole thing

Me too altho mine wasn't as bad as urs but it found traces of gator in regedit which I thought I'd cleaned.
    How did I live without this thing ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It's been driving me mad recently. I was begining to notice that when my pc was idle the web connection was still sending and recieving like mad. Though this was odd so I did a bit of snooping around and found a lot of unidentified processes running, after installing zone alarm, it was bombarded with these processes trying to get net access. So I got ad ware and bingo, processes gone and no more idle web access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

1: get this, install it, keep it updated,

www.wildersecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

it blocks spyware before it even gets onto your machine

2: also get this....

http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

it finds stuff adaware doesn't and is free, not crippled like adaware

• Advertisement
Advertisement