Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Access outside college?

• 19-04-2003 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to access our drives outside the college using FTP?

There's a step by step guide on the intranet...but obviously I cant access it now.

HELP!!!

:D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

To get onto the student intranet, go to www.intranet.itcarlow.ie and logon. The guide is in the downloads section. I can't read it as this damn computer keeps crashing whenever

Got acrobat reader to work at last. The guide to ftp access and e-mail acces are there. There is also a guide of how to use the college as an ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Could you post a direct link to the adobe document?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Any chance of someone putting the info in here...?
    I tried accessing intranet got in once but now its saying page cannot be found?

• Advertisement

The intranet access worked fine for me, I had to enter in my username and password every time I visited it, even if I hit the back button and then forward again and tried to change page. Maybe you have a browser problem, i'm using ie5 and i've no problem.

I can't get the ftp access to the college to work. It keeps timeing out.

You also need to know you full context eg its20053.support1.science.carlow.itcarlow.carlow or something along that line. I don't know mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

Can't login using FTP either, the networks probably not up and running i'd say.

Your probable right.
    I wish it would work as I need to get stuff from my account and i'm not getting on a bus.

Advertisement