Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new guy needs help

• 19-04-2003 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

haven't used this before and have no clue about what to do, apart from typing this and hoping that nice people will talk to me. am i doing ok so far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

no you've done it all wrong, you need content boyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You're doing absolutely perfect so far!

In fact, you've probably set a precident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Eh, Yea man your doing grand! Just is this really a personal issue ? Good Luck and Welcome To Boards. And remember Vote Grimes!

And Ignore Anglewhore. From what I gather most people do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Dont vote for grimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Josh

thanks for replies folks. am i supposed to reply to my own message like this or start a new thread.

i've had plenty of practice replying to myself, so nothing new there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Hello,
    You're doing grand so far. As for replying here, that's fine. You start a new thread when you want to talk about a new subject. Only thing slightly wrong here is that you haven't got a Personal Issue. This forum is kind of like an Agony Aunt column I suppose. There are different forums for diferent subjects. Have a look around to see which ones you like. The handiest forum for you right now would probably be the Newbie FAQ forum. Just click this link to go to Newbie FAQ --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=98
    Hope this helps,
    Puck.

ok i've been thinking of coy and witty things to say, but i came here for a reason so here goes. a good friend of mine just told me about this site after i interrupted his dinner with a desperate phonecall about how generally pissed off and lonely / depressed i've been feeling lately. i quit drinking a few years ago and since then have been finding it difficult adjusting to life in the sober lane. i've had counselling and am still seeing my counseller fairly regularly. self esteem / confidence / optimism not the best lately (never have been really). i'm tired of isolating myself from life - my friends have all told me that i'm wasting myself because i'm a good person and need to give myself a break and get out there and live

A line from Tennesee William's "The Glass Menagerie" pretty much sums up where i'm at :

"People go to the movies instead of moving…I don't want to wait...I'm tired of the movies and I am about to move"

I didn't think i'd be able to say this stuff to strangers but reading some of the other stuff on this forum i guess i'm not alone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

i quit drinking a few years ago and since then have been finding it difficult adjusting to life in the sober lane

well josh, sounds to me like you are being way too hard on yourself, if you have quit drinking years ago and have managed to keep off it, then you deserve a pat on the back. I understand you are having difficults doing it, but the fact that you have, means your will power is stronger than you give yourself credit for.

welcome to boards, chin up and sometimes it's much easier to talk to strangers than friends, no come back! :D

thanks for the kind words beruthiel.

peace.
    josh.

Advertisement