Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A thought...

Options
  • 19-04-2003 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Why dont we setup a computer users group( call some form of organisation) and we sign up as members and then the group approches a/all insurence companies for a discounted rate for the members(not a open policy list though, everyone on thier own insurence)
    The insurence company gets a lot of new business and we get cheaper insurence????

How difficult is this?

Me personally, I'm 31 and I pay 800 for my 1996 1.6. with my brother (who is 30) as a named driver, with the AA.
    ok, so I never claimed or hit anyone else so never lost my no claims. How much are paying and are you driving the car you have due to insurence reasons?

Thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm, this is one of those "sounds great in theory" ideas. It would proberly only work if at all, if all members had a clean record, full NCB, over 25, no illnesses or conditions that cause loading etc.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I have thought about something similar in the past, the IRISH DRIVERS ASSOCIATION.
    Such a group could campaign/lobby on a broad range of motoring issues. (Remember governments usually only "sit up and listen" to large numbers of people).

The majority of members would only have to join (not actively take part as such) say for an annual fee of €10, and by merely having a large membership we could get discounts on various motoring items, etc. AND have a strong voice to lobby govt.

Thoughts anyone ?

Advertisement