Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving my domain to Netsource

Options
  • 20-04-2003 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

My domain name is due for renewal next month and as I've applied for the Netsource SOHO package I might as well move my domain over too.

Now the problem I have is as follows......

If I only avail of the SOHO package for 2months will they also cancel my domain name? (as it seems I'll be paying €10+vat per month for this :rolleyes: ) Surely it will last for 1 or 2 years?

Would appreciate confirmation on this.

TIA,

carbsy.

P.S. I'm not on about hosting , just the domain parking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

I think u have to pay the 10 euros each month there after ure 2 month DSL sigh up is over. As in I think to have a Domain its €10 a month and thats it. Not sure if u have to continue with the DSL service to avail from the Domain.

-adren-

Double Check there site im sure the information ure look for is there.. im just rembering what i saw from my head.

www.netsource.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Just keep your domain with a reliable cheap domain-reseller that responds to requests for bind changes quickly.

No point tying a domain up with something else unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Just keep your domain with a reliable cheap domain-reseller that responds to requests for bind changes quickly.

No point tying a domain up with something else unnecessarily.

Aye , I'm going to place it safe that way , cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

YOu could also opt to pay they year's subscription in advance. VIA give one months subs free when you take this option. Then at least your domain is alive for 1 year.

Originally posted by DSLinAbsentia
    YOu could also opt to pay they year's subscription in advance. VIA give one months subs free when you take this option. Then at least your domain is alive for 1 year.

I could do , but that then defeats the purpose (2 month contract)for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No harm in registering the netsource one anyway as a mirror since you are paying for it.

Originally posted by Saruman
    No harm in registering the netsource one anyway as a mirror since you are paying for it.

How do you mean? You can't register the same domain name with two different registrars simultaneously . :rolleyes: ....and even if you could , why on earth would you want to? Or maybe you mean have a dot ie and dot com version? ...that would be feasible...

Advertisement