Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Voices

Options
  • 20-04-2003 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

just tought id let everyone how much this album rocks.. Pure brillance... buy it:)

cartman

and btw any got the tabs for Damien Dempsey Party song??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

damien dempsey...
    how in god's name does anybody who is'nt even mediocre get so semi-popular.

"coming fromt he northside, heading southbound"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    damien dempsey...
    how in god's name does anybody who is'nt even mediocre get so semi-popular.

"coming fromt he northside, heading southbound"

i was thinking the same thing, where did he come from and where did he leave his talent along the way?

probabaly left it somewhere on the 18 bus route on his way out of ballyfermot senior college...

i think he went there for ROCK school...

rock school sounds so funny though...
    like that yo la tengo video for sugar cube...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Its true he is appallingly bad.... i remember all too clearly when Phantom would not stop playin Chillin.....:eek:
    But he is very humourous to watch.... simply because you cant believe how bad it is
    like watchin a car crash

except most people don't pay to see a car crash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

I've had conversations with individuals who swear he is a genius, a poet, and Dublin's one true original.

Dillusional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

i dont think he's that bad.
    im not gonna be goin spending my legally-acquired euros on his album, but he's not the worst thing ive heard round these parts. confusing guy though.

and yes, he did go to ballyfermot rock school, the same people who are now very proud to say they taught that Mickey Joe dickwad everything he knows. and the course is pretty funny, but the blow-smoking classes are nothing short of brutal!!

other voices though?
    i wont be buying that. when i first heard about the show i thought it'd be good. but i havn't seen a good episode yet. Mundy's was probably the best. its all to restrained and full of arrogance, most of that coming from Sir Glen of Hansard.
    very predictable.

start of every show:

[cue polite mumbling from punters in church]
    "eh...."
    [glen folds arms]
    "good evening ladies and... gentlemen..."
    [looks at feet]
    "welcome back to Other Voices...here in... dingle"
    [polite cough]
    "we're priviliged to have _____ with us... tonight..."
    [hold thoughtful pose]
    "i first met ____ in a pub in dublin in ____ and i remember thinking blah blah blah blah..."

its all trying too hard to be poetic really.

Advertisement