Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Russians How much would you pay

• 20-04-2003 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭

Ok I was in a Kerry Nite Club during the Weekend having a good time and bought some Black Russians @ €8.95 a cocktail does this seem over the top ??

How much do you pay for your Black Russian??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

depends whats in it. if it is a full 2 shots and a bottle of soft drinks then that is cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There's a couple of different types of Black Russian...

one being:

Standard tumbler glass
    2 shots of Vodka
    1 shot of Kahlua
    Add 5 ice cubes and top up glass with Coke

another being:

Slim-jim glass
    2 shots of Vodka
    1 shot of Tia Maria
    Ice (optional)
    Fill almost to top with Coke
    Add a Guinness head

... as far as I remember...

and no, €8.95 isn't exactly 'cheap' - but for either of those drinks, it's certainly around what you'd expect to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Slim-jim glass
    2 shots of Vodka
    1 shot of Tia Maria
    Ice (optional)
    Fill almost to top with Coke
    Add a Guinness head

Ordered one of that variety in the Bailey off Grafton St, and I don't think it was that dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 loveheartsandnicotine

best black russian town is Wolenskys is in temple bar ( i may have the name wrong).... 2 shots vodka, 1 kahuala.....lots of ice....not coke and no guinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 loveheartsandnicotine

oh i forgot to add......when the absolutely gorgeous maitre D says and i am your servant for this evening?......well...go figure....is there such a thing as a HOT russain? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

We charge 8.75 for em.
    And the manager ordered us to only put one shot of Vodka in em!!!! Bastid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

In the pub I work it works out around 8.80 after everything went up 10cent on Paddys weekend.

You aretalking about paying that price for all cocktails that have two shots in them especially at cocktail bars in nightclubs. Just don't go up there pi$$ed cos you'll be ripped off with the measurements;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

In my local in Mayo, costs about 6.50 - ishot vodak, i shot tia maria, topped up with coke and a guinness head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

they are six euros in the niteclub where i workand there only 3/4 measurements of tia maria and vodka the owner is a tight arsed ****!!! he sacked a friend of mine for putting in full measurements b4. thats how tight he is, you could put coal up his arse and diamonds will pop out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

I hope your friend reported him to weights & measures. That's an offence that could result in the bar being closed/fine of €10,000. The same with the "1 shot vodka" heads. there's a recipie for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

Originally posted by tech

How much do you pay for your Black Russian??

Depends on how good she is at cleaning.......

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

how did they think of the name... Black Russian. Its very good i have to say. clap clap to the creator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by ThreadKiller
    I hope your friend reported him to weights & measures. That's an offence that could result in the bar being closed/fine of €10,000. The same with the "1 shot vodka" heads. there's a recipie for a reason.

...and an industrial tribunal.

Fired for doing his job. Name and shame where he/she worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

We used to get them for £2.50 on student promotion a couple of years ago in Waterford... those were the days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by loveheartsandnicotine
    is there such a thing as a HOT russain? lol
    Anna Kournikova?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I paid €50 for one in Leeson street the other night and she wouldn't even...

/goes to get coat.

Advertisement