Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX not working on TV-Out

Options
  • 21-04-2003 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I connected my GF4 to my TV via s-video out, it could display my desktop/games no problem, but on trying to play a DivX movie, it would show the player window (i tried multiple players) but the movie area would be BLACK.

Has anyone come accross this or a possible reason behind it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The video isn't rendered in the same way as the rest of the screen. It's rendered on an overlay - ie. your os software draws the gui and a black box where the video should be, then the software playing back the video writes directly to graphics card hardware to draw the video over this black box.

Did you try playing back the video fullscreen? For troubleshootinig try disabling the overlay (this depends on what player you are using, but if you can get at directshow filter properties, you can usually find the setting from there). The fact that you got it showing up on the tv in the first place is a good sign, this can be tricky with a lot of graphics cards - especially the ones in laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Stan,had this prob lots of times before..

usually steams from generic graphics driver..
    if not, got to do with overlay settings on graphics driver

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

You could try changing the TV out to the Primary viewing device. Not sure what way it works with a GF4 but give it a go. Control Panel / Display/ Settings Tab/ Advanced / Displays Tab/ Set TV to Primary.

Like I said, this option may not even be there for your video card. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

same problem happened to me with an ATi card - you need to set the TV as the primary viewing device. then the divx won't appear on the monitor but on the TV instead

Advertisement