Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

explorer.exe and iexplore.exe crashing when called under win2k

Options
  • 21-04-2003 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I installed mozilla 1.4a last week on windows 2000 professional and after a reboot suddenly iexplore.exe crashes whenever i try to open it , and, even worse, whenever i try to open a window that uses explorer.exe (any directory window,control panel, anything...) it too crashes, the taskbar disappears and re-appears after about 10 seconds.

Anyone know why this is? The reason I explained first that I had installed mozilla is that it is the only change i had made to the system recently. I tried uninstalling it but that had no effect. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Do you have any shell extensions installed that you know of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

if you mean eyecandy for windows, like windowsblinds or something, nope, definatly not.

same applies for msdos shell window dressing. i hate it all.

Advertisement