Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus Scans?

• 21-04-2003 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Do you use virus protection software on your computers?
    I dont, should I?

Do you use a virus scanner? 12 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its madness not to use them, viruses dont just come from the interweb, they come on cd's, floppys and other media. Ive heard numerous ppl say "oh heck i dont need a viruscan, ive had my pc 10 years and no virus" how can u tell eh? :) besides its no harm because theres loads of free ones, so no excuse for you scrooges out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

http://www.free-av.com/
    http://www.grisoft.com

either of these, they're free, the first one is my personal choice but i used grisofts free antivirus before and found it pretty good,

by not using an antivirus you facilitate the spread of virii and put everyone in your address book at risk of email virii.
    not to mention the risk you're putting your files in .

BTW is it Virii or viruses, both are correct but which is "the parlance of our times"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I use Trend PC-cillin at the minute cause I got it free with my new mboard. Have to say its not too bad. Lots of updates and its semi-comforting when it detects the odd virus here and there. That always gets me thinking about the ones it hasn't detected though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I use Norton 2003 pro, abeit a slightly fraudulent copy!:rolleyes:
    There's another free one called "AVG antivirus" I think. Have a look on google or somewhere for it.
    With anti Virus software, it makes you feel that little bit more secure. :)

I vote for Virii :)
    It's what they call the twins in the new Matrix flik and the lord knows I'm a big fan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Raz, AVG Antivirus is free and echomadman's post shows the link www.grisoft.com u can get it there on the download page :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Whoops!! :D
    I didn't recognise it, silly me. :rolleyes:

Advertisement