Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip billing question

Options
  • 21-04-2003 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    first off let me apoligise if this is in the wrong place.
    I have a bit of a question. See I switched over to UTVip when it came out and the service is grand yeah. With that however I thought to get the ISP you need to switch to there telco too. So I figure we are just going to get a bill every 2 months from them with the standard rental, bills, 30 euro for the isp.
    But we still get a bill from Eircom every 2 months.
    My mammy takes cares of the bills so I don't usually deal with this kind of thing, however she doesn't know why this is happening so she asked me to find out.
    Anyway, this is normal right?
    On my UTVip bill (monthly) there is no rental, it charges me for the ISP and various calls.
    With my Eircom bill (2 months) they charge me 32.40 for rental (ex. vat) and for some odd reason, 1891 internet which I assume is the one my mother uses.
    Why does go through Eircom? And why do I still rent the line through Eircom? Should it not ALL be done through UTVip now?

Thanks for your time.
    - Tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

1891 calls are through eircom, and as yet, line rental is still payable to eircom. That's why you get the extra bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea you're still paying line rental to eircom, I never really understood why eircom still get the non-UTV internet calls though. Fair enough if you use eircom's pay per min but if I'm using say, Oceanfree why does the full cost of that call go to eircom when UTV are my telco?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Hmmm, ok that's fair enough.
    But I'm considering getting IOL broadband, what on earth is going to happen with that?
    I pay line rental to Eircom right? Then the calls go through UTVip? The I just pay 50 on top of that for the service?
    The line rental is fairly expensive imho, can you get it from anyone else?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by exiztone
    Hmmm, ok that's fair enough.
    But I'm considering getting IOL broadband, what on earth is going to happen with that?
    I pay line rental to Eircom right? Then the calls go through UTVip? The I just pay 50 on top of that for the service?
    The line rental is fairly expensive imho, can you get it from anyone else?

€ircon have a monopoly on Lines in the country. AFAIK, €shat have unbundled lines in a few exchanges so can offer Lines as well as calls but LLU(Local Loop Unbundling) doesn't look like continuing. Unfortunatly for the forseeable future we are stuck paying €ircon for over priced lines.

Advertisement