Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky digital question!!

• 21-04-2003 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

My 12 month contract with sky ends in august however my lease on my apt ends in june and im movin elsewhere!

Does that mean when i move,do i have to get the phone connection b4 i contact sky to re-install my minidish or should i wait 1 month til the contract is up b4 telling sky about my move cos every1 knows eircom arent the quickest when it comes to phoneline connection!!

any1 any ideas??

plus on another note does any1 else think that sky sports were poor this weekend not to have any premiership games live on the sky sports channels...none over easter unless you had PPlus!bit of a joke!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by barnes2k
    any1 else think that sky sports were poor this weekend not to have any premiership games live on the sky sports channels...none over easter unless you had PPlus!bit of a joke!!

i was a bit surprised by this but the Arsenal game is on next Saturday and Man Utd on Sunday. so they make up for it

Chelsea v Everton was available for free on 42° East this afternoon :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had six months left when I moved last. Just drop it down to the base package and get a new install (find an offer somewhere, got a new box/remote/install for €15 two weeks ago!). You'll have two boxes, two remotes, and maybe you can flog the old one. By the way, how much is a box worth?

Mark:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 barnes2k

just a quick few questions!

how did u get an installation for just 15euro??dats cheap..

did u use a different name and payment details??and did u keep paying the original sub?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think the €15 install was an offer in some newspaper.

I would probably do as suggested above. The spare box could be used in another room with a Quad LNB on your minidish. Then you could organise an FTV card for the "spare" digibox to get ya the UK terrestrial channels! I personally wouldn't sell the spare box even if it means just keeping it as backup incase the new box fails at some point. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 alfa

Originally posted by irishbyte
    I think the €15 install was an offer in some newspaper.

I would probably do as suggested above. The spare box could be used in another room with a Quad LNB on your minidish. Then you could organise an FTV card for the "spare" digibox to get ya the UK terrestrial channels! I personally wouldn't sell the spare box even if it means just keeping it as backup incase the new box fails at some point. :)
    `

The Ireland on Sunday newspaper had the offer for €15. I rang using my wifes name, ordered the new contract and simply cancelled the other contract. My old box is currently occupied by a NI FTV/A card which I use in another room. The new box is linked with tv links around the house to enable viewing from other rooms.

I would love a solution to enable me however, to view the 2nd box( plus ability to change channels from other rooms) in other rooms.

Global Communications do a new splitter designed for use with Sky plus receiver and ordinary sky receiver (called sky plus) to enable you to change channels on either box.

Anyone got any suggestions ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have two digiboxes feed all TVs.
    One is in kitchen and other in Living room.
    No channel changes outside Kitchen/living room.

My two analog receivers are hardly ever channel changed, BBC World TV and CNN on 13E and 19E analog.

You couild youe Sky Eye for one Digibox and a video sender (they have remote eye to control ANY item in TX box room) for the other digibox.

One snag with Video sender is that while the TX and RX units have a choice of 4 channels (on 2.4GHz = 2400MHz) allowing up to 4 different transmiters, the remote control "backward signal" from receiver to transmitter is on a fixed single channel (on 433MHz)...

Was Ireland on Sunday all right. Where would I get a FTV card from? I don't know anything about digital bar how to change the channel (and that's iffy!:p )

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Where would I get a FTV card from?
    By Legbreaker

you must have missed this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37638

enjoy:D !

mod edit: You are just way too happy. Less of the exclamation marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

it is also on the FAQ thread if you are interested

oops. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement