Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iced Earth + Orchestra?

• 21-04-2003 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I read in Power Play that Iced Earth are planning on using a Symphony Orchestra on their next album...

What does everyone think about that?

Personally, I think it could sound fantastic. But, considering that the last few Metal bands who've used Orchestras, namely Metallica, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth, have all pretty much gone to the dogs. Is there some scepticism seeing as Iced Earth have just signed to SPV? And that it seems very much like a one-trick-pony they're jumping on?

Thoughts?

Iced Earth + Orchestra? 8 votes

Yeah, it will sound brilliant. Iced Earth cant lose.
    0% 0 votes
    Could work very well as long as they dont sell-out.
    62% 5 votes
    No, it wont sound good.
    37% 3 votes
    Iced Earth have sold their souls.
    0% 0 votes
    Don't care/Don't know/Carl Weathers
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think they are just trying to copy blind guardian's nightfall in middle earth :)
    i think it could work well, rage used an orchestra in their album "ghosts" and that turned out pretty damn spiffy.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

All I have to say is... FÚCKING BRILLIANT!! I'd say they will sound great with an orchestra. Most of their longer songs sound very adaptable to play with an orchestra. Maybe "The Suffering", "Something Wicked" trilogies would sound good. Who knows? Who cares? I'm looking forward to it anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

It COULD be good, however, it could quite possable be pants, would be one to see live tho Id say. An orchestral Malencholy would be interesting to say the very least :)

Advertisement