Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy tapes VCR to VCr

Options
  • 21-04-2003 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Just gave a good home to a 2nd VCR and wondering to copy tapes from one to other, is all that I need is a scart cable?

Also any info on set up probably fairly basic but one VCR has one scart socket the other has two, or do you run thru the scart socket in the TV.

Cheers looking forward to getting on with my mission

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

is all that I need is a scart cable?

Aye.

basic but one VCR has one scart socket the other has two, or do you run thru the scart socket in the TV

Nope, no need to go through the tv. The unit with 2 sockets most likely has them labelled AV1 & AV2 or something like that, you should be able to plug into either. I'm assuming you're not using fancy SVHS units, so the SCART cable is bi-directional so you can play & record on either one, if recording on the unit with 2 sockets make sure to pick AV1 ( or AV2, depending on which socket you plugged the scart into). If both your units are SVHS post back here (You'll see the attached logo somewhere on the unit if so)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Cheers for reply Korg,

Got the scart and tried to play in one rec in the other,swapped around with all the sockets also switched VCRs and still no luck.

Neither are SVHS however should mention that both models would be over 6/7 yrs, can't really see that being a prob though?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Haahaa didn't realise you meant to change the vcr rec. to an external source doooooh

Cheers

Advertisement