Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age difference

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Niall her, this is you last chance to get something that young !!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Shinji
    It wasn't really worth retorting to, was it? It was either flamebait or ignorance, and neither one is really worth much of a response...

Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking reply.

[edit: dont rise to the bait and insults please << Fio >>]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

personally i couldnt give a ****..

as long as shes more 17 or greater

if bird >= 17 then

if goodlooking==true then
    makemove();

else

lookElseWhere();

endIf

for all ye nerds too ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by GUI_XP
    for all ye nerds too ;-)
    indenial.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Victor
    I've been interested in women anything from 4 years older than me to 11 years younger (phew, she turned 18 before I tried anything!).
    Originally posted by smiles
    em.... you're 39/40 ?
    First case, I was 18, she was 22. (Then again, there was one much older (pushing 30!!!) that I obsessed about when I was 19 ;))

Second case, I was 29, she was 18. 18+11=29

I am now 31.
    Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Why do people go for someone much older/younger than themselves?
    Perhaps because they click?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

she was 30 and you were 15.

[edit: keep your vastly exagurated and insulting opinions to yourself please. << Fio >>]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

Oh yeah one other thing. whenever i see older guys going out with 18yr old girls, Being a man of opinions
    I always think the guy got something wrong with him, cant get someone in his own age bracket.

although i know its not true

Cause when im 25 i know id like a fresh 18yr old girl to mould into my sex slave.

Sleeeeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by YoungNastyMna
    Cause when im 25 i know id like a fresh 18yr old girl to mould into my sex slave.
    There's a picture of you, in an attic somewhere, getting smarter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

well, if i were you i'd give it a shot.

i met my my boyfriend when i was 17 and he was 28. it was a bit weird at first but it just took a bit of time to get used to.
    it's cool now. though, i must admit that i do get a wee bit freaked by it every now and again.
    i just take it as it comes and so far so good

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

re the intial message - it was the other way round for me, I was 17 and she was 25. I had just completed the intercet and she was working for the european parliament... and we're still together 13 years later happily married (we'll had a tiff this morning- but in general) and two kids

does put the younger partner under pressure though - but that levels out very soon... i.e. once the 20+ are hit.

The Duke : ))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pritty_kitty

age is just a number, go for it,
    Originally posted by bloke12345
    some advice needed please!!

met a girl the other night, a friend of a friend. Anyway, got on really well with her and like her a lot. A little birdie told me that she is interested in me. The only problem is the age difference, she is 18, I am 25. I think the difference is too much, what do you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

I really don't see what the problem is....if she likes you then it obviously doesn't bother her if you are older than her.....a good idea might be to see her out a couple of times in a group, that way you can decide whether or not her being 7 years your junior bothers you!

I say give it a try at least...whatcha got to lose!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭jd

Depends on the people-I have bben going out with my gf for 8 years-she was 21 and I was 29 when we started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by The Corinthian

Typedef’s views, on the other hand, are based upon his own personal preference in older women and distrust for women his own age or younger. Using classic egocentric logic, he expands this view to become a moral or ethical viewpoint rather than the preference, prejudice or fetish that it actually is.

Personally, I’m bi-chronological ;)

Thank you Dr Freud.

I'd just like to point out that I in fact don't want to kill my father and marry my mother.
    Females - Generally in favour or with no/few objections to such relationships.

Males under 25 - Generally against or with objections to such relationships. [edit](And also generally only with objections to older male - younger female relationships, at that.)[/edit]

Males over 25 - Generally in favour or with no/few objections to such relationships.

Interesting proposition. Most women I know, who are older then fourty, 'regret' being with men who were significantly older then themselves when they were twenty years younger.

I couldn't contemplate acutally having 'anything' other then a desire to have sex, in common with an eighteen year old girl and I'd only be five years her senior.

I genuinely feel sorry for young women who become sex playthings for significantly older men and who convince themselves that, being with a man who is 15-25 years older then her is anything but, her acting as a sex appendage, perhaps that is very politically incorrect of me to say, but, umm..... I'm not standing for election.

For me I think it is egocentric of women to think themselves so 'mature' as to only be compatiable with comparitively richer, older men, but maybe that's just open cynicism.

As a rule of thumb age shouldn't matter, however when one consistently gets men who are much, much older, being with women much much younger, you have to take a step back and say, "Hey, how come it's cool for older men and younger women, but not vice-versa"?

A-ha, a double standard and since "I" have to live by that double standard and "I" by virtue of my gender am not in fact less mature then women my age (and apologies to women my age who suffer from that particular delusion), I don't see why "I" must put up with the disparity, so I don't.

More to the point, I would never see a woman ten years older then me, because I wouldn't be so arrogant as to assume I would be anything 'other' then a toy-boy, real-world™. Ok, so a big exception was my Grandfather who was fourteen years younger then my Grandmother, but, he was also a man who fought six years in the North Africa during World War Two, so, it's not difficult to see how he would have aged, during something as terrible as war.

I don't mean to be derogatory, but, I can't see the lexicon of women with older men (arrogantly thinking themselves god's gift to mature amours relations) having any sort of compariable trauma, that advances their outlook on the world sufficiently.

Then again, so long as it doesn't happen in my back yard... I ... don't.... care..... in... the... least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I've been going out with someone who is 19 and I'm 26.

Theres no major problems with the age difference. I think for gay men the age thing isn't as big an issue.

Its interesting though when you start talking about tv shows when you were young and he doesn't know them since he wasn't born.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

btw, you got the formula wrong i think, its A/2 -7 = no of years allowed, also if you apply the formula from both sides it prevents any mis demeanors,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

As Ali G once said "if the grass is on the pitch lets play"

my ex was 22 and i was 18 so thats 4 yrs older than me and she didnt mind so go ahead so shes 17, big deal!

if you were 50 id start getting worried but you were only 22. 5 years is nothing jesus i shifted a girl that was 32. fine bird! old enough to be my mother though....... uuugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

just make sure shes exceptionally mature... theres nothing worse than having a girlfriend who cant get along with your mates because the only stories / life experience she has is convent school. also make sure she still sees her mates as much as possible, used to try and move mountains to get them all off on all girls nights out, also beware of the two most dreaded things about dating teenagers: theyre always having fights with their parents [most of them still live there] and they are always banging on about their school days [they havent done anything since and have nothing to talk about].
    i am sure your ladyfriend is different to the ones i had, but you asked for opinions... my advice after a long tortuous relationship with a younger woman is think before you leap, also if she lives at home and you live alone and she starts staying at your gaffe a lot do the decent thing and remind her she has parents... you too could have a daughter one day and theres no point racking up bad karma when you can get the good stuff just as easily.

Advertisement