Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Guilt

• 21-04-2003 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Today my friend made me feel guilty that I didnt know the names of all the people executed in the 1916 rising, it was a really odd feeling.
    Does anyone else have any guilt of things in history that they should know about but dont?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

A rather strange topic :)

I mean does *anyone* know the names of everyone executed? Sure you'll be able to spout off a few token names, but I cant see this being common knowledge.

Though I suppose I get a bit guilty when I muddle up some of Irish history (1916-22) especially when talking to someone about it. Theres just so much and all the intricacies and whatnot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well I know it know :)

Pearce, MacDonagh, Clarke
    Pearce, Plunkett, Daly, Millon
    MacBride
    Colbert, Ceannt, Heuston,
    Kent
    MacDiarmada, Connely

and 16 if you count Casement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Brayan Bitter Infantry

I'd say their aren't that many people who'd remember them all, although I would be spanked by my teacher :p .

Can't say I've ever felt guilty though. I just go and look it up. (which will be of very little help in the Leaving Cert)

Advertisement