Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Network Cards Question

Options
  • 22-04-2003 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

On reading some of the other threads in here, it would seem that WHEN (and hopefully soon) I get get NTL's broadband service it would be best to connect the modem to a network card instead of using a USB connection ??

Is this true ??

If it is my next question is this. I already have a network card in my main PC to connect to a home network I have already set up. Is there any problems in installing a 2nd network card ? I have spare slots still. Would there be any problems in running 2 cards in the same machine ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

PGB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i've got ntl cable myself, with two nics - one for the modem and one for the home network. haven't had a problem with them.

i had usb at first, but for some odd reason the ntl connection would stop responding after a while on kazaa. so i got a nic for a tenner and haven't looked back since

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PGB

Thanks for the info carrotcake

PGB

Advertisement