Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD-rom playback problems

• 22-04-2003 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble with the dvd rom in my laptop. Its a toshiba SD-C2502. The problem is some dvd's play perfect and with others the drive just spins around for a while, trys to read from the dvd and tells me that i have an unknown formatted media in my drive (not word for word but thats the gist). Its not the dvd's themselves cause i checked them in a ps2.

My dvd playback software is Windvd 4.0. Ive also tried wmp but both tell me no dvd exists. I just cant figure it out cause some dvd's, even from the same company, work and others dont.

Also all cd's work fine and i havent found a data dvd-rom (ms works suite, magazine dvd's) that doesnt work. so is it codec/ driver/ hardware??

A word about hw, i got lucky a while back, a friend was replacing his sd-c2505 (same model as my original one) with a cd-burner and gave me his old dvd-rom drive. installing this new drive didnt make any difference so its prolly not that.

any ideas? cheers.

Advertisement