Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x10.com

Options
  • 22-04-2003 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ordered any of these products? WOndering about compatibilty with US versus Ireland. The prices seem incredibly good.

The LOLA for controlling mp3s looks deadly and the dvd anywhere for viewing vcd/dvd on tv wirelessly.

http://www.x10.com/products/product_list2.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

will i have to be the guinea pig then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Pop ups aside, Ive always fancied trying some of their camera and home automation stuff, however, they dont export to Europe and the European sites are so much more expensive...

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yeah, im currently trying to see if the two sites listed in europe as resellers will carry this product.

www.laser.com
    www.letsautomate.com

check out the robot grass cutter on lets automate, cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

I looked in to this stuff...for the last 2 years or so.... and they never carry anything good or recent products on the reseller sites... maybe get someone you know in the states to send you some of the stuff... would it work here in Ireland??? That lola is cool.

Cheers,
    Maddog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

I have bought a lot of X10 but you will have probs with the power supplies from the stats. a lot of x10 components reference the power supply. not sure on the dvd stuff tho. i tried to buy cameras off these crowd before and they sent me to a european and therefore more expensive site. i finally settled on a belgian site...something like letsautomate.be or something like that. they are cool. also a good site in the uK but you get screwed with sterling.

hope this ghelps

f

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

When I lived in Canada, I bought a good lot of gear from them. Can't fault the camera gear but the remote I bought didn't do a great job.
    I brought the gear back with me and never opened the box since. I can probably answer questions for you if interested.

Advertisement