Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL not interested in new apartments?

• 22-04-2003 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who moved into a new apartment 6 months ago - yet despite constantly phoning them, NTL never seemed interseted in providing a TV service to the residents.

At first, they said that they were waiting for the apartments to be fully occupied before going in and installing what ever needs to be done - but last week they turned around and said they were NOT going to install cable TV to the apartments!

What kind of idiots are they? There are 65 apartments just waiting to give them money for a TV service and they say they "can't afford" to kit out the apartmnets.

I think they can't afford not to!

Has anybody else had any similar experience to this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yup, myself aswell in a new house, and others I've heard of.

I just went with Sky Digital. In the end it turns out NTL forced me into something better, so thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I though most apartments would already be cabled and NTL just need to connect at one point. I know my sisters new apartment in Bray is cabled and there are NTL "manholes" out on the street.

It wouldn't surprise me though if some of our fine construction companies don't bother putting in a cabling infrastructure for telecoms or CATV.

I thought most new apartments don't allow sat dishes to be mounted on the external walls or balconies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That's the thing - it already has the Cable TV and phone cabling done!

Eircom have installed phone lines with realative ease - but NTL are not interested in getting 65 new customers!

Yep, you are right - they are not allowed put up their own sat dishes. They are however now looking at a Sky communal system, which would be probably better than any NTL service anyways.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hmm... seems like a big change of policy...

I know of cases where NTL/Cablelink used to *assume* you were going to sign up to them! If somebody cancelled their service, they assumed you were moving, kept the service connected, and sent out a new bill with the title "THE NEW CUSTOMER" in place of the billing name!

I know people who had "New Customer" bills sent out when they moved into new apartments. The cable TV wiring was already their and a socket provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Well,

NTL want to charge us something like 800 euro/apartment to get the cable to our building.... :D

It will cost us 45/appartment to get a dish up and running.

I have to say that NTL are like any other Cable provide FULL OF S..T and useless.

THANKS NTL for those tarifs at list I will not have to deal with you.

Really Brilliant, Honest it is !!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by icdg
    I know of cases where NTL/Cablelink used to *assume* you were going to sign up to them! If somebody cancelled their service, they assumed you were moving, kept the service connected, and sent out a new bill with the title "THE NEW CUSTOMER" in place of the billing name!

Not any More .

Advertisement