Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My monitor is gone

• 22-04-2003 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

I think the picture tube is gone .. power is going to it but it's just black screen .. its about 3+1/2yrs old ..

does anyone know where I can it repaired or would buying one be cheaper??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Unless it was hugely expensive, then it's not going to be worth the time and trouble to repair.

Before you bin it, are you sure that it's not just a loose VGA cable or even an unseated graphics card in your PC. Does you monitor have on-screen controls or give on screen errors if no signal received. If these are still working then the problems with your PC.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

If the tube is gone, it would not be economical to have repaired.
    However, it is worth getting it checked out to ensure that it is the tube that is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Well when I unplug the cable from PC I Usually get the 'Monitor Self Test' .. or 'No input' on the screen .. I don't get this now.

when I press any control buttons there is nothing on the screen.

when I turned it on I used to hear a sound .. like a 'tuuhhhhh', but now i get no sound at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I'd say it's time to buy a new screen, as at 3 years old it doesn't really owe you anything. It may be fixable, but monitors will always cost a fair few €'s to fix and there's no guarentee it won't develop other problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Does your monitor has any LED (little light) showing it has power?
    It might be just something wrong with power supply.
    Maybe blow fuse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement