Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Quiz!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

The 6pdrs were packed in the gliders along with the jeeps, artillery and other heavy equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

One?

Nope, more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how many - One third :)

"The 35 gliders landed amid murderous enemy crossfire on a Landing Zone that was being hotly contested by British troops desperately trying to keep the Zone clear of German counter attacks. Sustaining many casualties, only a third of the unit's desperately needed anti-tank guns reached the Oosterbeek perimeter. "

Trying to remember the film - (which bridge was Sean Connery at ?)

Well at least it's 35 or less..

I'll say 5

5 was wrong [although i still wont admit it]

wouldnt go by the film, mr.connery [gen.urquhart] wasnt at any bridge.

62 total guess, final answer.

Its probably wrong so will you please just ask another question as it seems nobody knows the answer.

pretty sure it was 5, or perhaps 6.

The correct answer is 6.

Your question Jimeatsmenu.

• Advertisement

okok,

"Aneurin Bevan famous for bringing what cause to the house of commons in the 50's?"

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    "Aneurin Bevan famous for bringing what cause to the house of commons in the 50's?"
    I can't remember, but I have the speech at home, possibly soemthign to do with rights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Immigrents rights - just a complete guess - 'cos google would be cheating...

nope.

rights is kinda right, but in not such a broad context.

something to do with health care?

nope, shall i ask another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

In the 50's Bevan did very little so far as I am aware - but it has to be either nuclear disarmament (oh the Tribune Group did relish the thought of bringing that to the Labour shadow Cabinet!) or the rights of the colonies in some respect since he was made shadow Foreign minister in the 50's too.

If neither of those fit, ask another question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

He kinda set up the NHS didn't he. Unless it was Welsh independence or something.

Was the cause for the introduction of the National Health Service?

It wasn't the NHS - the NHS was set up in the 40's by one of the '44 - '49 nationalisation and public service acts that brought the welfare state into being - to the best of my knowledge. So, Jim, if it ain't anything posted or related thereto, choose another question please.

• Advertisement

suppose the question was a very vague, apologises.

will post another tomorrow when im in correct state of mind.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, what was the answer?

Right, Jim, sorry but you are taking way too long; sci0x, myself and manach among others had this going a half interesting pace. Usurping your question therefore and posting an easy one to get us rolling;

What was the name of the supreme ruler (native) of part of India, an ally of France, which the later Sir Arthur 'the Iron Duke' Wellesley fought against in a relatively junior role in the British Army of the time?

ok ok, sorry. its not my fault you couldnt answer the question.

heres an easy enough one.

"Who is the person whos is generally believed to be the cause of Prime Minister Macmillian's downfall?"

[if the question is still excepted]
    [the answer was the coal miners cause]

To Eomer of Rohans Question:
    The Sultan Tippoo?
    No he wasnt native.
    It was the guy who had the fort at the top of the cliffs . Cant remember his name though.

grr.

Sorry Jimeatsmenu but I actually have a chance of answering Eomer of Rohans question.

yeah, real interesting pace you got goin here.

The answer was Daulat Rao Scindia by the way.

New question; who was the 'leathery paphlagon' referring to in the Aristophanic comedy, 'the Knights'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Cleon?

Advertisement