Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Quiz!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Anastasia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

no not anastasia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

ehhowaya wrote: »
    1995 !!

Which female member of the Romanov Family suggested that Empress Alexandra of Russia be 'annihilated' during the first world War?

You should give a prize to anyone who can name a female member of the Romanov family other than Anastasia.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cottz2006

Mick86 wrote: »
    You should give a prize to anyone who can name a female member of the Romanov family other than Anastasia.:D

Olga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ehhowaya wrote: »
    1995 !!

Which female member of the Romanov Family suggested that Empress Alexandra of Russia be 'annihilated' during the first world War?

Queen Victoria !!! sorry I meant Alexandra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

ya ha! yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

Thread seems to be dead so I'll jump in.

Name the speaker;

" This is not peace. This is an armistice for twenty years"- at the versailles conference,1919

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

o Diablo o wrote: »
    Thread seems to be dead so I'll jump in.

Name the speaker;

" This is not peace. This is an armistice for twenty years"- at the versailles conference,1919

Churchill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

French Field Marshal and Supreme Allied Commander at the end of the war Ferdinand Foch

Yeah it was Foch. Your go.

• Advertisement

Which medieval rebellion took it name from a prayer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

The Pilgrimage of Grace?

The Pilgrimage of Grace?
    Nope. In fairness I probable should point out its also know by its location. So the rebellion is known as The Location Prayer_Service

How long should we wait before posting another question. I've got no idea and I assume it's not ok to google.

How long should we wait before posting another question. I've got no idea and I assume it's not ok to google.

Want the answer? Google away btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Which medieval rebellion took it name from a prayer service?

1529 Cornish Prayer book rebellion

Left for dead after leading a counter attack what prisoner of war in WW1 went on to become the president of his nation. Having worked out the person a very easy bonus should be to name the battle at which he was captured also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Think its mussolini but don't know the name of the battle.

Think its mussolini but don't know the name of the battle.
    Wrong answer, though Mussolini did serve and was wounded in WW1 -but never a POW or any record of heroic action

Locamon wrote: »
    1529 Cornish Prayer book rebellion

Wrong. For two reasons. It was the Sicillian Vespers 1282

Left for dead after leading a counter attack what prisoner of war in WW1 went on to become the president of his nation. Having worked out the person a very easy bonus should be to name the battle at which he was captured also.

Tito?

• Advertisement

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Tito?

Wasn't the answer I was looking for but it is correct none the less as Tito was a POW. De Gaulle at Verdun.

Wasn't the answer I was looking for but it is correct none the less as Tito was a POW. De Gaulle at Verdun.

D'oh. Much more obvious than Tito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Wasn't Hitler wounded in WWI as well. I think he was in hospital when germany surrendered.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Q: In 1948 John Costello announced a plan to declare Ireland a Republic after an official dinner in Canada. What prompted this?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

BossArky wrote: »
    Q: In 1948 John Costello announced a plan to declare Ireland a Republic after an official dinner in Canada. What prompted this?

I remember this from my old history teacher. The Canadian governor was of northern Irish dissent and a staunch loyalist. Before the meal he toasted the King but not the Irish president, and on the dinner table he a couple of little symbols from Northern Ireland and one of them was a replica of a cannon used in siege of Derry. Supposedly a famous cannon I think.

Q: What age was Elvis and what age was Priscilla when they 1st started seeing each other ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

roashter wrote: »
    I remember this from my old history teacher. The Canadian governor was of northern Irish dissent and a staunch loyalist. Before the meal he toasted the King but not the Irish president, and on the dinner table he a couple of little symbols from Northern Ireland and one of them was a replica of a cannon used in siege of Derry. Supposedly a famous cannon I think.

Correct!

FYI - the cannon was called "Roaring Meg" and was used in the siege of Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

roashter wrote: »

Q: What age was Elvis and what age was Priscilla when they 1st started seeing each other ?

It was something sick - 13?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oxymora

Great questions! But why the silence?

Can I throw in a question to get the juices flowing again?

Can you tell me where Edgar Allen Poe died and what were his last words?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

The words were "Lord help my poor soul" and I'm guessing he died in Baltimore.

Kaiser Wilhelm II once gave a comically blundering interview, offending the British, the French, the Russians, the Boers and even some of the Germans, in which newspaper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oxymora

perfect you get a gold star :)

Advertisement