Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japanese 1994 Honda Civic

Options
  • 22-04-2003 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine is looking for an english translation of his Jap import dashboard. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

what do you need to know exactly - its fairly simple, and the same as the irish one

Only extra light i can think of on the dash - is CAT over heat light - no european cars seem to have this.

Dials are in KPH instead of Miles.

what size engine is it ? even better what model number

If its got Aircon - he'll most likely have a switch called AUTO - when the A/C switch is pushed in - you can set the temp to what ever you want (the slider switch with blue to red on it) and the aircon will then adjust itself to that temperature. Kinda cool !

checkout my wee site www.jspeed.net - we should be able to help out with any problems your friend will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i means get rid of this and do not buy imports, because parts lights doors are very expensive to get them orderd in. i know because i have one aswell.. lovely cars but not worth the trouble if you have any...:(

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    i means get rid of this and do not buy imports, because parts lights doors are very expensive to get them orderd in. i know because i have one aswell.. lovely cars but not worth the trouble if you have any...:(

Erm ????? do you mind telling me what car you drive ? if its a Honda, parts are extremely easy to get, and also very cheap. Don't mind the rubbish you hear about parts being hard to get. I've never had any difficulty - sure I can buy a whole new engine for about 1000 fitted, if needs be !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thanks a million ondafly. Ill pass that info on. Havent got any other details at the moment but im fairly sure that should sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i drive a 94 civic 1.4,, on saturday the bulbs went in the car i had to get new ones i was told by the persdon in the car shop the bulbs had to get orderd in at 33 euro's a piece, because i got irish ones of him and they did not fit you vould see the diffrences between them the jap ones are alot smaller than the irish ones.

• Advertisement

bulbs are never cheap - but in all fairness - the guy in the shop was talking utter rubbish. of the top of my head im guessing the bulbs for your car are - H4 set you back about 17 euro a bulb - for the really good quality ones - otherwise you could probably get them even cheaper, but i've seen H4 philips bulbs selling for about 20euro each in blanch. I think theres a site called extremevision or something similiar that sell philips bulbs - they throw in a free gift too when you buy from them.

one thing you need to remember; "your man" in the local motorstore has no clue when it comes to cars. I bet the conversation went like this ;

You - Hi can I get 2 bulbs for my headlights
    Motorstore guy - what car is it ?
    You - 94 Honda Civic
    Motorstore guy - is it an import ?
    You - Yes
    Motorstore guy - ah well, we have to order them specially from Mr Honda in Tokyo, can I have your name and number and a 100euro desposit - etc etc etc.

Pure rubbish again if you have any probs with the car - engine or otherwise drop me a PM or checkout my site - we should be able to help out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Some Jap Hondas use H4H bulbs which are difrent to ordinary H4 and are more expansive.

Polarg B1 Halogen JDM H4H could get upto 40 mark

I wouldn't get mad because you couldn't get bulbs for your car.
    Generally, I never had a problem to get any parts.

Advertisement