Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

helpdesk inquiries

Options
  • 22-04-2003 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

ABERDEEN IT firm Escape has listed its more unusual helpdesk inquiries from customers.

Those I haven't heard before include:

* A caller was in a panic because one of her disks had a virus and she was worried that all the disks in her box could have caught it.

* An engineer told a caller to insert a clean disk into the drive. The caller promptly put the phone down and went to wash the disk.

* A caller was having trouble logging into his computer. He was typing his name and password in capital letters. When asked to use lower-case letters, he replied: "I only have capital letters on my keyboard."

* One caller had taken his IT jargon too far by referring to the letter "v" as a "backslash-forwardslash" and the letter "w" as a "backslash-forwardslash-backslash-forwardslash".

Advertisement