Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with a GPRS Connection (6310)

• 22-04-2003 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just though I would ask here before I try 1907.

I am gettting an error saying "Subscribe to GPRS first" when I try to use the WAP on my phone (Nokia 6310).

I used to be able to connect no problem. I have re-checked the settings as per the web site and everything checks out (access point, DNS, user name, connection type, login type etc... ).

Using the same SIM in a Sharp GX10 I can connect no problem?

Yet when I swap the SIM back to my Nokia I get no joy? If I change the connection back to CSD I connect no problem.

Does anybody have any ideas? (As I said above I am fairly sure that I have the correct GPRS settings for WAP)

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - if you are already set-up on a Live! handset make sure to use live.vodafone.com as your WAP access point (not wap.vodafone.ie) and set the homepage to http://www.e-merge.ie on non Live! handsets (rather than http://live.vodafone.com as you would use on a Live! handset)

hth,
    BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Thanks Brian I'll give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

same thing happened to me, on the same handset, i called Vodafone and they reset the GPRS settings and it worked grand :) hope it helps

i'd assumed you wanted to be able to swap the SIM it back into the Live! handset - so if you want to be able to use it in a Live! handset (and use the Live! features) and non-Live! handset (regular WAP) then keeping the GPRS Access Point as live.vodafone.com would be more flexible

if your not going to use a Live! handset anymore then it would be better to swap the GPRS Access Point to wap.vodafone.ie - as Ruu says, you'd need to call them to sort that out

i move my sim between a 7650 and non Live! handsets so kept live.vodafone.com as the WAP access point so i could still use the Live! features on the Live! handset

something to note is Vodafone's new fixed pricing structures for WAP and Live! GPRS content:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/banners.jsp?id=6&desc=new_gprs_pricing

still trying to find out if it's access point related or determined by page access - so ends up GPRS WAP on Vodafone will be a fixed charge for Vodafone WAP and Live! pages, with a per KB charge for non Vodafone WAP content with the minimum 10KB charge per connection (so much for keeping GPRS charges simple! ;))

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

I didn't understand your first mail Brian, but now the penny has dropped...

I need to setup the access point on me auld nokia to live.vodafone.com - Because vodafone have provisioned me for Vodafone Live? The idea being that once you cross over to a Voda. Live handset you have to use the live.voda... APN.

(2 mins later) Just tested and it works!

Thanks for the help Lads.

• Advertisement

you're spot on :) - its one or the other - live.vodafone.com or wap.vodafone.ie for GPRS WAP access

when i got set-up for Live! they disabled my access to wap.vodafone.ie - so i need to use live.vodafone.com for GPRS WAP on the T68i / 6310

BrianG

Advertisement