Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Course are you doing ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

RAHHHH!!!!!!!!
    I am SO angry!!! This is the LAST year i can go, and i am NOT allowed. because we cant scrounge up the stupid money to let me go . i am so depressed. i still cant believe it. i have been mourning ctyi and my premature nevermore-ness for a month or more now. i cry. seriously. i feel so deprived. i cant believe im not getting my last year. is there any way i can get this to work? oh please. oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!!!!!

i miss everyone so much. and i would take any course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by Praetorian
    I qualified for CTYI courses in DCU based on score achieved in SAT exams....Is there any other way to qualify? I regret not doing one of the courses now :(

Prae, what age are you?

And r ye sure yer CS skills won't deteriorate to the point where i can knife you easily?

Anyways ,
    Me = Electronic Engineering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

/me picks Computational Linguistics, followed by Psych 1, followed by .gov and society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'm not going back this year although I'll be up to visit all you guys muchly though!! Have fun y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

is that the best u can do Hao-man? U SUK AT CS!! i'm gonna have to kick ur ass in Electronic Eng. (at CS of course):D :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

i was thinking of doing computational liguistics....until i found out that LOADS of people i know are going to take it. so seeing as it is guarenteed to be crowded, i chose to do engineering.

to late to change now..my form is off in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Poochy

Well the title says it all, What course and what session are people doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

It's been said before: 2 other threads have asked this.

Me : comp linguistics, session 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Down with this sort of thing!

Fio... do the usual dirty deed and make one of these <whichever was biggest and most to the point> sticky so that they don't keep popping up. Pretty please <bats eyes>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Sticky made. your wish is my command

Probably will merge these threads.....

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

Stickification has failed. <go on say that 10 times fast! I DARE YA!>

Just letting you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Computer applications.

I can use that to... um... I dunno... apply my computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

classics. session. one. my. first. choice. that's. both. years. i. got. first. choice. ohhh...yes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 warped

being old and wise as i am, i will not miss cty this year.

advice to all : art design is the best course on the program ;
    least amoutn of written work
    scribbling lessons (seriously)
    days spent sketching in the botanical gardens
    more days spent sketching inanimate objects
    further more days spent wrapping anything you can lay your hands on in clingfilm,
    doing all that listening to the strokes (music playing in the classroom and study)

once more, i am forced to say, alim you sneaky bastard.... damn you and your fortunate *just-young-enough*-ness.

perhaps i will be an ra one day.... my sadism should be satisfied, torturing innocent geeks for 3 weeks. and being paid to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

well. consider urself lucky tom. if they hadn't taken my money i woulda retracted the application. goddammit. 3 more weeks of the 'wonderful stuff'. oh joy...oh joy.
    finals start on friday. i'm f*****d:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

yay!i'm doing fart design!toodledoodlelalayay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

this is my first time going and i'm doing sesh 1 art and art history and I'M SCARED. i'm not good enough although my art teacher begs to differ but why should i believe her? so anyhoo, what AM i going to do?

eh... i'll survive. i usually do

a/s/l? :p

I'm pretty certain that artistic talent isn't going to be utterly vital. But yeah... I'm also pretty certain you're doing the "I suck" thing that everyone I know who's good at art does <and i'm sure it's only to piss me off too!>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

14/f/dublin

honestly, i thought i was half decent at art but then it was all like '' for students with an interest in art and willing to improve own work'' and i was lik 'uh-oh!' but still i can't wait. rachaidh me go dti an Ghaelteacht roimh agus now it seems like ages til july the 5th

more particular /l/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

I did Art and Art History in 2001, don't worry, you don't have to be good or anything. Its a much fun class involving music during study, painting to music (making indistinguishable squiggles), carving bamboo sticks to do calligraphy, trips to the botanical gardens, lotsa abstract stuff, and making models and stuff. And lamination. Lots of lamination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Hmm... yes I just finished art and art history. Hardly any history involved. Ye have to carry big heavy drawing boards around most of teh time. Very draining. I got a lot of people feigning thinking that anything I did was worth more than the cardboard/paper it was done on when I came back. That was cool.

Advertisement