Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hardy Fired

• 22-04-2003 6:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From WWE.com today:

WWE severs relationship with Jeff Hardy

WWE.com regrets to inform its fans that WWE has severed its relationship with Jeff Hardy effective today. We wish Jeff the best of luck.

Well, didnt see that one coming. Im sure alot of people will be delighted, and alot will be very dissapointed. Post thoughts on the firing of Jeff Hardy here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i used to think Jeff Hardy was good. lately though he has become boring. what was he fired for. bad time keeping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Apparantly he just got pissed off with wrestling, over the last year he's been turning up late for house shows, and occasionally not turning up at all, and has just generally not been as committed to wrestling as he was. He was given permission to stop doing half the house shows a while back which apparantly pissed off a few other wrestlers no end. But him leaving the wwe isn't much of a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

He'll either go to NWA/TNA or concentrate on his music career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

He was a good wrestler just a little inconsistant as of late and he needed to improve on that, I think its a mistake letting him go hes got alot of talent and always seemed to get a loud pop from the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

the hardys & lita got time 6 months off to sort themselves out around a year and a 1/2 ago. lita got injured soon after. matt came back & imo has been brilliant since. jeff just didnt. he never seemed the same since then. hes such a great wrestler & would make a great hardcore champ or have him tag/fued with tommy dreamer or another ex ecw guy. shame to see him go but id say hell be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Good riddance in my opinion.

The man touted as “the next Shawn Michaels” was given chance after chance to succeed, falling flat on his face, time after time. When the Hardy’s first arrived they were compared favourably to “the Rockers”, with their high-flying moves and appeal to young girls (and fruity boys).

Fueding with Edge and Christian, Jeff was the most popular of the foresome, who were seen as the future of the WWE-homegrown talent. Since 99/00 Jeff has watched his brother Matt and Edge and Christian surpass him due to character development and the improvemnt of in-ring ability. Edge and Matt in particular turning into almost main eventers, while Jeff had floundered around the midcard with his spot-rest-spot matches. I for one honestly thought that Jeff was never too far from deserving a big push, he, with the help of E+C, Matt and the Dudleys put on some show steeling matches at WWE’s Pay Per Views during the attitude era.

In the last year and a half, Jeff was given a title shot against Undertaker (on Smackdown) in ‘his match’ , a ladder match ; to maybe give him an incentive. Jeff however had become sloppy, due to back trouble, a reported drug problem, and a lack of interest. No longer was the high flyer hitting his signature spots, the ‘rail-runner’, ‘whisper in the wind’ and ‘swanton bombs’ were now barely connecting with his opponents-if connecting at all.

Recently Jeff was given time-off from house shows (to the anger of other workers) to try and rest himself, worn out from all the high flying and life on the road. This was a very different Jeff Hardy to the energetic, entusiastic Jeff of old.
    Just think back to Jeff diving from a balcony in New York’s MSG 3 years ago, through an opponent laying on top of a table-truly a ‘Holy ****’ moment if ever there was one. This was just one of many such moments-his TLC matches with the above wrestlers will go down in history as some of the most exciting.

Fast forward 3 years to the last Pay Per View at MSG. The scene : a 6-man Table elimination match featuring Jeff,Spike and Bubba - V - 3MW. The action is outside the ring and Bubba is positioning Rosie on top of a table. Jeff climbs the balcony and...................hang on, haven’t I seen this all before? The match continues as Rico stalls on the top rope screaming for Jeff to “HURRY THE HELL UP!” as we await Mr. Hardy to grace us with his presence-leaving poor old Rico wobbling around on the turnbuckle, exposing the business. The match spills once again to the outside, Jeff blows a signature ‘rail-runner’ move, landing on his face.

Jeff Hardy’s time had come and gone, weather it be due to injuries, drugs, lack of interest or too much face-paint.

Enjoy NWA:TNA Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jeff just hasn't been focused on wrestling for a long time. They only kept him cos he sold so much merchandise. He was spotted in Las Vegas recently, apparently, after he got the last week off work.

But, did anyone consider that he might be Willie the Worker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I ROCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

As a true Jeff Hardy follower it was not a shock to me that he get fired. I loved Jeff and Austin now i have been robbed of both! Jeff lost interest in the sport and asked to be allowed persue his music career. I hope he does well and makes a few re-appearences which he wont. He's finished. Gl to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I heard that WWE fired him cause they found out that he was using drugs. I only heard this and think it is complete rubbish. But it wouldn't be impossible because look at all the other people that have been found X-Pac, Mr. Perfect, Brian Christopher the list goes on. But I really don't think he would get in to that.

Jeff Hardy never became good for one reason because the WWE didn't want him not because he fell flat on his face he was the next HBK and no one can take that away from him. He gave WWE fans some of the greatest matches ever. He is and always will be one of the Highest risk takers in WWE history and no can take that away from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

if your a big jeff fan then good luck to you but to call him one of the biggest risktakers is plain nonsense - mabey by wwe standards he stood out as a risk taker but put it in its proper perspective - outside of some admitedly big bumps he didnt have a lot to offer (unless your a 12 yo girl) - he couldnt work a crowd, read/lay out a match /tell a story/cut a half decent promo - - for most of this, matt carried him and their feuds with dudleys and e&c carried the load - as i say if your a fan then more power to you but he was no great talent and not special as a risk taker if you watch any non wwe werstling

I was talking within WWE standards no one in the wwe can do what the people in ECW did. I'm not denying that but he was a great. Its like saying Shawn michaels was the worst the WWE turned out if they wanted Jeff to be the best he would have been. For example Tommy Dreamer he was the best in his federation before wwe bought it and now look at him. The worst you can see on WWE tv. A recent one they have done is The Rock he was the best now he is booed everywhere. I f he went out and started slaggin someone and then ran out and saved someone like Booker T he would be fan favourite without a doubt.

Originally posted by cmb.
    if your a big jeff fan then good luck to you but to call him one of the biggest risktakers is plain nonsense - mabey by wwe standards he stood out as a risk taker but put it in its proper perspective - outside of some admitedly big bumps he didnt have a lot to offer (unless your a 12 yo girl) - he couldnt work a crowd, read/lay out a match /tell a story/cut a half decent promo - - for most of this, matt carried him and their feuds with dudleys and e&c carried the load - as i say if your a fan then more power to you but he was no great talent and not special as a risk taker if you watch any non wwe werstling

Well said.

You's obviously dont know what good wrestling is then cause jeff and a few other people were the only people that added something to wrestling. Who wants to see Austin hit a person wit 1 clothesline a lou thez press then a stunner to win. NO ONE. Unless u do then just start watchin the kettle boil it would be more fun.

so jeff is better than austin? - in what way are you saying that he is a better wrestler, character, entertainer, on the mike, working a crowd? - in what way

i think you just scored an og there mate

I think your reading it wrong what i mean is that instaed of having someone like austin come out and do the same thing over and over again its better to have a big variety to it meaning having people doing things like RVD and Jeff. I agree that jeff doesn't work the mike well but you have to say if the wwe wanted to the easily could.

so now your saying that jeff (and rvd for that matter) have a vide variety of oves - this gets better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam are very much alike, both wrestlers are high risk takers and have been in classic matches not to mention a match against each other so why does RVD come straight in and rise to the top and Jeff just hang around mid table so to speak? I personally think Jeff should not have been fired or let go or whatever really did happen but u cant say at one stage u sat there sayin to yourself this Jeff Hardy is brilliant. Jeff should have been pushed long ago, not stuck in the usual match against Raven(another one would be Crash Vs Jackie!) WWE's own fault they controlled his destiny.

Jeff was never half the talent Austin is. I'd rather have Austin on my roster(broken neck and all) to Jeff any day. Jeff was given chance after chance to shine. He was over, but he just isn't a good wrestler. He can't put a match together and stuggles unless a decent performer isn't carrying him around the ring. Jeff was given a title shot against Taker, he was give the IC title, LHW title, Hardcore Title and multiple tag titles. He was given a push with his brother in a fued which could have been the beginning of a big programme for the two of them. They both however fell flat on their faces. Only Matt got up, dusted himself down and became one of the most entertaining performers the fed has (not to mention his solid in-ring work). Jeff just blew it every time he was given a chance. His fault, no-one elses.

On a side note, Austin is the biggest draw the company has ever seen......just a small note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i dont know what age jeff was but i know hes young and he is finished let this be a lession to all the extreme fans out there rick flare will out jast jeff hardy because he can get his pops without doing high risk, he said it to foley when foley was rookey and he was a hasbeen, now whos working for the wwe (although foley could work a croude and tell a story and make a match). but jeff is young and may be back like x-pac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hardy was a total fag anyway.

Advertisement