Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shockingly bad ping times

Options
  • 22-04-2003 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

has anyone noticed today that the ping times for leaps service is really really crap today? usually I get between 70-90 ms for uk gameservers but today they are more like 250+

does anyone know what the deal is or is anyone else experciening this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

hi,

my connection was completely down from sunday till monday evening.

but today it is working in "normal" parameters (90ms ping to uk).

I am connected to the rte tower.

I still wait for their promised ping improvement, because I'am not very happy with the 90ms...:mad:

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

same here but accordiing to Leap, there was no problems over the weekend.....very odd indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 romi

I'm down at this very moment,anyone know the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

I don't know what the problem with Leap is at the moment, but it seems that Irish Broadband and Leap are having similar problems. I am subscribed to IBB and ping spikes make online gameplay an impossibility, no matter what time of the day / month / year, and even browsing becomes a chore at times.

Suddenly the claim 'Wireless is the way forward in Ireland' leaves a stinging sensation around my ring hole.

I'd be interested to hear what excuse Leap provide you with. I have heard nothing from Irish Broadband as regards the problems they are having on the RTÉ mast, but there was talk of spectrum problems with another WISPs traffic bleeding into the IBB's or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

jeez, they really have got bad cause I remember playing elite force online game with a chap from here and his ping to england were 20 or 30ms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

since I have leap my ping where never lower than 80 to uk servers.

A tracert showed me that at least 50ms get lost within leap servers itself..... strange thing.

and then they have a horrible routing via ntl servers. so it take me 13 hops to reach an uk server....

but my ping times are stable. Since tuesday no problem at all and a stable ping about 80 to uk (and I've played five hours bf1942 yesterday)....

I've contacted leap and they said it has to be a problem on my side (not personal ;-) it was related to my antenna).
    They send technical staff out to me and check my antenna alignment.

we will see, concerning the ping they promised me that they will change the routing with ntl.... but this was supposed to be done until the end of march....:o

I will see

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Leap are ****. Period.

Advertisement