Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Shift and 3d Blaster Voodoo 2

• 22-04-2003 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

My Blue shift is pissing me off,

HL's video mode on my PC is Open GL - 800x600 - 3dfx mini driver and it works perfectly, while on the same mode in BS i get the error- "the selected open gl mode is not suppoerted by your video card"

BS seems to be a completly seperate install to HL. When in half life Bs doesnt appear in the custom game list.

I run windows 98 I have tried to update my drivers to a windows 2000 version but that messed up half life so i just reinstalled the original drivers and that got Hl back to normal but BS still wouldn't work. I have reinstalled BS but no effect and i have tried all resolutions listed and they wont work either.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

Deus_Alpha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's a pretty old card - are u sure BS will run on it? I know it's only a mod, and should run on any machine HL will run on, but I think it adds higher detail player models, and might need a higher spec. I'd check out the for sale board for a second hand TNT2 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You can buy a GF2 or maybe 4 MX cheapo card for less than the cost of a game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭[P]*Deus_Alpha

I have the higher detail player models installed for half life already. i think it may be BS, i'm getting another copy of the game where it comes up in the list of Mods in the custom game menu.

Yeah the card is old, the company were bought over by nVidia and they don't make anymore drivers for it. I have it running with another 16mb card so that gives me 48mb together, it's an okay card.

Well thanks for the suggestions, i'll probably end up buying a new card in the end!

Advertisement