Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oz

• 22-04-2003 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

any one else watch oz on tg4?
    i think its the best show on tv at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My god ... another Oz thread

Someone sticky this cos theres one every month.
    Oz is great btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

another Oz thread. Oz is one of those televisual gems that loads of people still don't know about. i try my best at converting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I had started to watch OZ on channel 4 last year some time but could never remember what time it was on at!

Tiz a great show!

What time/day is it on TG4?

Thanking you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Oddly Amz you were missing it while you were asking when it was on.11:25 usually Thursday night TG4.
    Deadly episode tonight,and the most hilarious I ever recall seeing.It went straight in with it with Kennys typically intelligent views on the issue of sex offenders signing registers "they should register like some sex-crazed nympho with real big titties when she moves onto your block". :D Must have laughed for two whole minutes at that one

And was anybody else reminded by the way Adebisi ripped off his trousers for his drug test of Greoundskeeper"Grease me up woman!" Willie.

One weird thing-how come Beecher was brought up to be disciplined after it was noticed he was hung over,and yet Adebisi is lying with his matress on the floor doing heroin in his underpants raving in a stoned haze and not one officer managed to notice him?:D

Does anybody else think Nappa doesnt look much like a mafia don?He looks more like Rebadow than the mafia guys I thought.

BTW has anybody noticed how many Oz actors appear in the various Law and Order programmes?The guy who plays Chris is a regular(in SVU I think) and tonight in the same episode was Ryan O Reilly,also as a cop.Others include Fr Mukada,Schillinger(he played a psychologist in an episode or two I think)and a few others I cant think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

Beecher was a hard ass cop in shaft, Fr mukada was a special forces guy in executive decision, Agustus was in romeo and juliet, the one with DiCaprio, he dresses up as a woman snd sings "young hearts, born free...".
    O, and see Good Will Hunting, when Matt Damon goes "Do you like apples!!.." to that guy, that guy was Cyril O' Reilly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by lyonsy
    O, and see Good Will Hunting, when Matt Damon goes "Do you like apples!!.." to that guy, that guy was Cyril O' Reilly
    wow, you learn something new every day. that show is a classic.

"WYAN!! HE Made Mama cwy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by lyonsy
    wow, you learn something new every day. that show is a classic.

who said the following? (easy!)

"WYAN!! HE Made Mama cwy!!!"

"I gotta find out who gave augustis the SMACK!!"

"you wanna lick my b@lls?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

cyril, burr reading id say, and as for the last one it could have been anyone really, theres more man on man shinanagans in oz than anything on the box past, present or ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Deadly episode tonight,and the most hilarious I ever recall seeing.
    Agreed. The best bit was when Nappa was in the warden's office.

Nappa: "I'm his godfather"
    McManus and Glynn stare at him
    Nappa: "No, his actual godfather, at baptism." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Of all the 7 nights of the week for the electricity to cut out it had to be last night:mad:
    I mean,there is usually nothing good on Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday night that isnt something you have seen before.Friday is alright for tv but seeing as i was out it wouldnt have mattered.
    But no,the electricity had to cut off Thursday of all nights:mad: The lights started to dim at around 11:00-it wasnt a blackout,just a shortage of power in the area.Eventually it went so low that only the lights could work(albeit dimly)and thetv cutout.My prayers were anwsered when it came back on just as Oz was starting,only to cruelly cut away as Hill was talking about his escape plan to the guys.I read the episode transcript and it looks like it was a corker :( Am even tempted to try the unthinkable and download the episode over Kazaa on a 56K line.
    Please tell me there is somewhere where i can watch full episodes online,even on realplayer Im not arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Twas an especially nasty one- eye gouging AND a crucifixion!!

For what amounts to 39euro you can buy the complete series on dvd region 1. At Play.com:)

what happened. i missed it too :(

You missed so much. I do have it on tape somewhere ..

So many murders and great scenes i feel so sorry you guys missed it ... i do feel your pain :(

anyone else disturbed by Beechers actions last night

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    anyone else disturbed by Beechers actions last night

No, i havent seen it yet! its on tape downstairs on my VCR :(

In last weeks episode the black guy in the wheel chair was shown lieing in a coffin waiting to escape. but last night he was still in Oz. Were episodes shown in the wrong order or what.

Just saw the episode on tape this morning. Jesus Beecher indeed. Though i was wondering how they were gonna get that hack out. Though i though it was Beechers imagination at the start then realised it was real :eek:

And Darko you did just remind me about the dudes escape attempt. I wonder what the hell went on! I dont think they messed up the episodes though, i hope not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

No, that was the right ep in the right order. Besides you could tell by the way they were doing a 'filling in' at the start of the ep that it must have been a season opener.

BTW, ever notice that Beecher always has facial hair when he's handing out some punishment but is cleanshaven whenever he's on the recieving end of it? The hacks should have spotted this by now! :)

Advertisement