Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

via self-install

Options
  • 22-04-2003 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

anyone know what this entails? ... is just a case of hooking up the ethernet modem (or USB one) and configuring it on ure machine ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

aye i bleave ..........but as u and i both know pc hardwere always has away of pissing you off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by dr_funkenstein
    anyone know what this entails? ... is just a case of hooking up the ethernet modem (or USB one) and configuring it on ure machine ?

Read the quick setup quide or manual of any dsl router ... do an online search .... not too taxing for the average pikey :P ... but as Bizmark said , pc hardware sometimes has a habit of turning a routine task into a long uphill climb ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 original gadget

I've done it for a customer. Very simple. Plug in the Router, pop in your CD, it will ask you a few questions (username, password, etc) - and you are done! btw - 1800460260 is the Eircom DSL support line - it might come in handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I decided not to get the usb modem or ethernet modem cause I have a Linksys Dsl router (model BEFSR41) already. Are netsource/via using PPPoE ? I think the router only supports ppoe so if they don't, I've just waisted some dosh :(

Advertisement